Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

i know for sure that the 97s did have the option of having the bigger sized tires, as my 97 sport came with the 255s. now im not 100% sure that the limited edition X came with them. most people on here can fit the 265/70s or 31" tires on their X with just the stock suspension, so im assuming you...
  2. S

What diff cover for an 8.8

random q, and i might not be in the right place for this. should i regear for moving from 255s to 265s? if so to just 3.73s? i ordered my tires in today and am hoping to have them installed by next friday. in the near future i will be doing SOA and 4" superlift, and 33s :D so should i just wait...
  3. S

load range help needed

so i have 109s tires on now which are about 2200 load range ive seen. so would i be safe going with the cheaper load range p(2400) tires over the load range c(2800) tires? just making sure so i dont screw this up.
  4. S

load range

bump for help? would i just want to go with load range D?
  5. S

sport trac seats??

i have seen on craigslist front driver and passenger seats from an '01 sport trac. my question is will these fit in my exploder? i hav a 97 sport, same gen so you would think so right? problem i see is that will the seat be able to move forward as it does in the sport? (push down lever throws...
  6. S

Spark Plugs

where can i purchase a code scanner for my X?
  7. S

Wax & Cleaner Recommendations

honestly, if your explorer isnt black there's no reason not to take it to a full service car wash. i work at one, we vacuum, clean your whole inside (windows dash gauges cupholders), the outside gets a great wax, or if you go with a better package you get the single, triple, and full body rain-x...
  8. S

302 v8

yeah, because im looking for more power. the 5.0L would be nice but just gotta find one :(
  9. S

White Explorer Black Rims...opinions

search, search, search. search 04 or 2004 suspension lift or body lift etc. it works! :p:
  10. S

302 v8

So on craigslist there is a 1990 F150 4x4 that is being parted out. the man selling said he just had the engine rebuilt and wants to sell seperately but wants to get offers for it. question 1.. would this fit in my explorer? #2 how much should i pay?? says 50k on it but runs strong.
  11. S

load range

im planning on purchasing some treadwright tires, guard dog m/ts. i can either go with the 265/70 or 265/75, but im not sure which load range i should get. it says on this website that my explorer has a weight of 3,690, so i just need help deciding on a decent load range. thanks in advance
  12. S

1997 Mercury Mountaineer, 5.0L V8

i cant wait until i get my cragar soft 8s. gonna be so nice. also planning on getting some 31 guard dog mt's, and then by end of summer its gonna be some 33s! also planning on TT/Shackle, front kit of 4" suspension and then the 5.5" SOA in the back. big plans, lots of time :D
  13. S

Kinda off topic but, deciding between 04 Mustang Mach 1 or 2002 Camaro SS

just please, if you can work a clutch. GET A CLUTCH. biggest pet peave of mine is when people whom i know that are perfectly capable of working a clutch buy and automatic American Muscle car. Make it loud too :p:
  14. S

1997 4" inch suspension lift

yes^^ and all i am trying to say is that IMO it sucks that Ford made the suspension the way they did making it harder to fab up suspension kits, and i would love to do the 4" lift but its just too damn expensive for me, and it sucks that the Tbars have to be relocated. all i'm saying sorry for...
  15. S

cragar soft 8's

which size backspacing did you have? also how did the wheel cover fit on the cragars?
  16. S

cragar soft 8's

so, i will be ordering my guard dog m/t's tomorrow, and i am looking into getting some cragar soft 8s to complete my blackout explorer. question i have is this: is the bolt pattern 5x114.3 the same thing as the bolt pattern 5x4.5? i have been told so, but i am just making sure because i dont...
  17. S

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246475 need two of each for the Body Lift
  18. S

Off-Road Light Questions

hey fedyfedz, do your lights glare off your hood at all with that location of lights? or does the aftermarket thing on your sunroof block light at all?
  19. S

Nope, i just like to read up on things on the site, not from my own experience Actually, i know exactly what i am trying to say. LESS GROUND CLEARANCE. i should have been more specific in saying the only part i dont like about the 4" lift is the fact that the torsion bars brackets must be...
  20. S

2" body lift

so i can use the 2" lift for a 2nd gen? thats what i was hoping, but i wasnt quite 100%, sorry for not being specific. i am looking to just the the 2" along with TT and Shackles to try and fit 33s. i dont really want to do the steering extension so that is a main reason.
  21. S

Calling all 2 doors..

Warrior Shackles aren't dangerous to a truck, just maybe a good way to flatten a mono-leaf pack. if you are really concerned about being level in front and back i'd suggest going with the ranger torsion bars. my buddy has done this, and has gained 2.5" suspension lift from twisting the bars...
  22. S

well what im thinking of doing is the 3" BL and the TT and Shackles. that sets me at 5" higher, and makes me happier. the problem first of all with the 4" lift kit is that only 1 company makes it, and it requires reloaction of the Torsion Bars, so your ground clearance is less anyway. the 4"...
  23. S

Warrior 153 shackles install with pics

do the wheels need to come off before this? or can they be kept on? taking them off wont be such a pain considering most people do the TT with the shackle placement so they need an alignment anyway. just a quick question
  24. S

2" body lift

stock 2" higher of sport, 1.5 suspension and 2" body. should have been more specific. stock 255/70s have advantages :)
  25. S

2" body lift

i am thinking about doing a body lift, but i want to do just a 2" lift, and not the 3" because i dont need toooo much, but enough to fit some 33s. anyone know of a 2" body lift that fits the explorer?
Back