Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

What type of gas milage has everyone been getting on 2011 Explorers???

Have had my Limited FWD for four weeks. I do not have the terrain management system. Have approx. 2500 miles on it. One week after receiving vehicle, we had to pick my son up at college in South Carolina. Made the trip from NJ to SC (about 1700 miles round trip) and kept car within posted...
  2. S

2011 Red Candy Limited

Nice touch with the foliage in the background. I was thinking of creating the same kind of photo but its RAINING and my trees are starting to loose their flowers already. You should work for Ford marketing. For those of you around the country, there are pockets of Jersey that are very nice...
  3. S

What's your status?

I will as soon as the rain stops.
  4. S

What's your status?

Received our XLT FWD on Thursday night 10 1/2 weeks after order date. Can only tell you my experience. Car was built on 2/25 but sat or was recalled (don't know which) for well over a month and a half. Now that I've received it, I can honestly say that I am awed by this vehicle. The ride is...
  5. S

What's your status?

Ordered Feb. 5th Built Feb. 25th Just arrived at the dealer last night. Looks like its been on a long tired journey. Needs a good bath and a little TLC from the dealer before delivery. Thanks to everyone on this board for the info posted. With everyone's help, I've actually had a little...
  6. S

What's your status?

Ordered 2/5 Built 2/25 Found out from customer service on Thursday that car was finally on the move and in Ohio. They called me again yesterday and said it was in PA. Seni sent me a PM stating it would be at the dealer on Monday. From the sound of it, it seems like it may have been put on...
  7. S

Who is "awaiting shipment?"

Can you tell me exactly how to do this without all of the abbreviations and text talk? I've been trying to find your email address for an hour. If I use what is shown, does it go directly to you or to a department? Thanks.
  8. S

Seni, I have a customer service case number of 1550650951. I'd appreciate it if you could find something out. No one else has been able to and it is getting very frustrating hearing "Its awaiting shipment"
  9. S

What cracks me up is that Ford's customer service can't tell us anything. Its been six weeks since my build date and they have no idea when I'll get it. It seems that when the cars leave the factory they enter a vacuum and vaporize or something. Maybe they should have taken the stimulus money...
  10. S

Wow, this is mind blowing. Well good luck with it and hope you guys enjoy them.
  11. S

Congrats on your delivery. I ordered on 2/5 and was built on 2/25. Was told by customer service today that the car is still in Chicago. I'm also in NJ and I'd like to know from Ford why cars ordered and built after mine are arriving and mine still sits waiting for a "rail car". Mines an XLT...
  12. S

How long before you give up???

I can't blame you. Mine was built in mid Feruary and no one can give me a delivery date either at the dealer or Ford's customer service. They've assigned it a "case number", lot of good that's done. It just makes the customer feel like somethings being done. The passion and excitement do...
  13. S

Incentive blues ...

Thanks for the info. I guess my question should have been how or where do I order it from? I ordered the car on 2/5/11 with a build date of 2/25/11. The cars been in Chicago since then. I'm expecting I'll receive it soon so I don't really understand all of the ins and outs of the coupon...
  14. S

Incentive blues ...

Can anyone tell me how to get this $750 coupon. I received a $1000 incentive when the car was purchased but no mention of the coupon. How can I get it and can it be used with the $1000 incentive?
  15. S

Customer service called me today. She was extremely polite but stated the car was still in Chicago and she didn't know when it was going out but she'll keep in touch. Heard the same line again about the rail car shortage. Can't imagine how all of the Japanese cars are moving from California...
  16. S

How do you find out what level MFT your car is equipped with. Do you have a link?
  17. S

Discouraged...anyone else?

I feel the same way. Mine was ordered on 2/5 and built on 2/25 and it is STILL in Chicago. No one can tell me anything. Ford has to realize that they are going to turn more people off by this behavior than if they just tell people the truth. Its obvious that there is a great demand for the...
  18. S

Ordered an XLT on 2/8 with 202A pkg. and nav sys. Found out from Ford customer service today that the car was built on 2/25 (you know the old saying about cars built on Fridays) and is still sitting in Chicago. They stated that it had a release date and then three "re-release" dates. Anyone...
Back