Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

Heated seats High setting only gets to 90F?

Heated seats weak - 2014 I searched but didn't find anything. My heated seats up front are very weak - even at full (level 3). 2014 Explorer Limited My wife has a Mercedes GL and they get a lot hotter and hotter faster.
  2. U

Latest iphone update not ending calls / not playing call sound through speakers

Thanks for the reply. I had done the re-pairing before and that didn't work. After reading through some other threads, I set it to stop auto-downloading my phone book and that seemed to speed up the initial pairing and responsiveness when I first get into the car. Maybe that did it...
  3. U

Latest iphone update not ending calls / not playing call sound through speakers

After the latest MFT update, my iphone was working better than it ever had before! The connection was stable, no issues, and for the first time, I was getting the alert sounds (mail, text message) through my phone so I could hear them. For the past few weeks though, it's gone down hill and...
  4. U

Shift to Park Warning

I am getting this too. It just started happening about two weeks ago. 2011 Explorer, 26K miles. It's driving me crazy. Sometimes it won't shift into park like 10 times in a row, then it will work for a few days. Taking to dealer next week. Let me know if you have any luck with your issues.
  5. U

MFT Freezing and restarting a lot over the past two weeks!

After having the car for almost a year and 11,000+ miles with little to no problems, the MFT system has really started to act up over the past two weeks and it's driving me crazy. The main screen is freezing up and not taking any inputs. The time is frozen, station, climate etc. I can...
  6. U

MyFord Touch Upgrade Inbound

I'm not seeing any updates either. The latest version showing is 2.11. The site was down all morning but I just got in. Does anyone see anything different?
  7. U

Oil Change interval

Thanks! Cory, Thanks for the reply! That is helpful and I will wait until I see a notice in the instrument cluster.
  8. U

Oil Change interval

When to get first service? Hello, I got an email from my dealer today that I was due for my 5,000 mile service. Questions: - How often do I need to get the oil changed? I know the explorer has an oil sensor but it has not alerted me that I need service. - Do I wait for the car to...
  9. U

Create Wifi hotspot so friends can play music through airplay?

I think this might be too far forward on the tech fringe but does anyone know a way that the car could create a wifi hotspot and then allow your friends to hookup to that and play their tunes through airplay? Bluetooth is great but it's a pain to hookup the phones, switch off of my phone...
  10. U

Loose Steering Wheel

I took the car to the dealer on Thursday and they were concerned about it after seeing it in person. They ended up replacing the steering column and it's working correctly now - thanks for your quick follow up.
  11. U

Loose Steering Wheel

Same thing here...dealer said not a big deal My steering wheel is also loose, about 1/4". I called the dealer and he said that it wasn't anything to worry about, Ford was aware of it and might do a recall but just to swing by when I'm free or have the next oil change. I asked if it "would...
Back