Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

New Ford Explorer Sport: Fuel-Efficient, High-Performance SUV

Dont know - just curious as the Jeep/Durango guys are all scoffing at us!
  2. C

New Ford Explorer Sport: Fuel-Efficient, High-Performance SUV

Is this for real or are we all stuck in "wishfull thinking land"? :salute:
  3. C

New High Performance Explorer???

Actually wrong on both! Hemi is at least 1/3 of Jeep sales (especially on the overland and summit models) and it easily gets over 20 mpg hwy! It also is rated at 7200lbs towing. That and the 25 gal fuel tank give it longer range. The low volume unit is the SRT which has over 400 hp.... Ex...
  4. C

2013 Explorer Engines

Also the "Police" varient of the Explorer comes with the Lincoln version of the 3.7 not the Turbo Boost 3.5.
  5. C

Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer

Hey that's not an explorer! That looks like a J**P????;)
  6. C

New ex vs highlander

Actually I think it's called "infant mortality".... :)
  7. C

FWD vs. 4WD

What are you talking about Willis? I live in Prince William County, which is south of you by 50 miles or so, at least once a year my wife and I are glad we have 4wd (currently Jeep evaluating Ex) - If you will recall this past winter there was at least 1 snow storm where you wouldn't have gotten...
  8. C

Now she's not speaking to me!

I wish I could do that with my war department! :salute:
  9. C

2011 Explorer with problems.

OK and I'd bet dollars to donutz that there are some Ford "fans" on their forums too! ;)
  10. C

Ecoboost MPG

You are exactly correct - I meant Volt! :( And I agree with you about government motors - though I would consider a chrysler product now that they have adult leadership, again... ;) FWIW I currently drive a 10 year old Grand Cherokee with about 130K on it.... The Ex at that time was 1st...
  11. C

Ecoboost MPG

You do know that the Chevy Leaf is more advanced technology wise don't you? AND it's made in the states by Americans! :us: I can't believe I just recommended a GM product!
  12. C

Any advice on talking the girlfriend out of a '11 JGC and into an Explorer?

Actually according to most pundits the trans doesn't suk - it just has too few gears. A recent series of TSBs have greatly improved the performance of said trannys. However the 2012s will have a 6 speed (same number of gears as the EX) behind the Hemi (mainly by reprogramming it's existing...
  13. C

Absofequenlootely! Unless you are into sleeping on the couch?
  14. C

Not to get in a religous war with you. LOL! But I believe the GC with 3 rows of seats is called a Durango is it not? (Badge engineering) also there is rumored to be a Grand Wagoneer for 2012 with 3 rows of seats too....
  15. C

OK let's at least be honest about this - GC is 16/22 with AWD/4WD the Ex is 19/25 with FWD/2WD and when the EX is equipped with AWD/4WD the difference becomes miniscule. Also most if not all of the review sites seem to test the GC at pretty close to the EPA numbers - The same sites seem to show...
  16. C

MFT Killed Fords Quality... Ford ranks #23 in JD Powers

OK - I'm guessing you are a sitting member of Congress? After all you seem to posit that your preference/option trumps all of us who like the technology and are willing to work with it while it debugs! However I believe your minimalistic car exists - It is called a Lada and is manufactured...
  17. C

New guy

Saying hi :us:
Back