Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Navigation Experience

OK, so it's not just me then. And from the two responses so far, this happens with the 2012 model, as well as my 2011 Explorer. I wonder why we're having problems, yet most folks don't seem to be complaining. Did we just get bad units?
  2. D

Navigation Experience

Thanks Will for your feedback. I take it from the lack of other responses, that my issues with navigation are not common. I plan to call my dealership about this soon.
  3. D

Navigation Experience

Has anyone else experienced long delays in acquiring satellites when first starting up the vehicle? This seems to happen more often than not when we start the Explorer inside the garage, and then pull out a few moments later. In these situations, it can take several minutes for the "X" over...
  4. D

Anyone Have Rattles From Rear of Interior ?

Same here. It was the rear license plate. Added two more screws to the bottom, and the rattle went away.
  5. D

12v Accessory Power

See my posts here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2720611&postcount=5 http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2725796&postcount=14
  6. D

V2.11 Release Notes

Hi all. These were posted on here a few days ago, but disappeared for some reason. Thanks to Vic for posting this: Version 2.11 was officially released today for the Explorer. New version is dealer-installed and no charge. This is not all inclusive, but here are some of the items...
  7. D

Sync Lady's Voice Garbled

Just to be clear on "static" I hear. It's not that the voice is static, I hear a loud blast of static noise that interrupts the speaking voice. I am going to see if it's only during certain voice commands or all that I hear it.
  8. D

Ya, something is definitely wrong with ours.
  9. D

clunk sound.. pedal vibrates??

Well, because it actual says it's normal in the manual. What else can we assume? To me a clunk could be characterized as a grunt, rumble or grinding sound.
  10. D

clunk sound.. pedal vibrates??

I notice the same thing, there was another thread on this a while back. I think the abs check is exactly what this is, nothing to worry about. I think most dealers are clueless.
  11. D

When I use the voice commands, the female voice from Sync will often break up mid-sentence, sounding very strange and garbled. Other times, instead of the unintelligible voice, I'll get a loud static burst that seems like it will blow out the speakers. This happens a lot, to the point that I...
  12. D

Does Sirius Travel Link Work For You?

So today all seems to be working OK. I didn't pull any fuses or anything. Go figure. Thanks for all the support. Dino
  13. D

Ambient lighting

Sorry for the false alarm. As JDJones mentioned above, the truck needs to be on and the headlights on to get the color to come on correctly. All is well. Regards, Dino
  14. D

Ambient lighting

Thanks, I'll check it out again. But this morning, I did turn the truck on in the garage and it was still stuck at blue. I didn't put it into drive though. This is my wife's car, so I don't drive it everyday.
  15. D

Ambient lighting

Ambient Lighting Stuck on Blue Hi all. Changed the ambient lighting from blue to purple the other day (wife liked it) and it stayed that way for a day or so. Then I noticed yesterday that it was back to blue. If I go into the ambient light settings, it shows that purple is selected (large...
  16. D

Does Sirius Travel Link Work For You?

Mine's not working either. I have 2.8 and it did work when I first got the X about a month ago. The gas works but the other categories show an hour glass and never fully update.
  17. D

Onfair DVD install opinions... (bad)

I spent a lot more for my aftermarket ones at www.headrestvideo.com (about $1300) but they are custom matched to the Explorer's leather, and they ratchet forward if needed. They are still not as comfortable as the original headrests, but not too bad.
  18. D

Rear Climate Control

OK, that's what I was thinking, and it's pretty lame in that regard. Also, I assume if A/C is on for front, the rear will get it when the rear temp. is set into the blue region?
  19. D

Rear Climate Control

My wife and I are struggling with the rear temperature control as well. My wife likes to control the temperature of the entire cabin just using the driver controls. This works for the driver and passenger side (up front), but the rear seems to depend soley on the MFT "rear" control settings...
  20. D

2011 explorer ideas

Ford also has an official Explorer cargo area mat. I have it and looks great.
  21. D

Installing aftermarket DVD headrests

Thanks Steve for all the pictures. I know I promised pictures of my own, but haven't had the chance. I'm glad my post helped you out a bit. Your headrests looks great. As far as comfort, etc., the ones I got (albeit much more expensive) do ratchet forward, but still not as much as the...
  22. D

Graphics issues with 2.8

I see that on mine too. My X came from factory with 2.8 installed from the start.
  23. D

Sirius Channel Browser

My X was delivered with 2.8 already installed from factory. I'll try again later. Thanks for the inputs.
  24. D

Sirius Channel Browser

I pressed the Browse button the other day while listening to Sirius, and it seemed to take forever to download the channel list. Then if I select a sub catagory, it would hang up again. I had to X out of the screen to get back to normal, and even still it didn't build the channel list...
Back