Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

SGT, When you say text messaging works, do you mean receiving texts or sending texts? When I tried to send a text through the system, I get a message that sending the text failed (which is, at least, better than it was before and wouldn't give a message at all). I'm still on iOS 6, though...
  2. D

New Navigation Card? (A4)

Actually, that's not true. MAP support is in there, otherwise Sync would still say not supported. The problem is that Apple changed how to get the messages and Sync needs to support that change in order for the notifications to work. Also, the iMessages are encrypted (which may explain why they...
  3. D

New Navigation Card? (A4)

Rebecca, any chance we can get information about what they mean by problems with phone compatibility? Will this finally allow my iPhone to display text messages on the MFT screen? Ford has been very quiet about this after announcing on SMR that they would provide information on this in October...
  4. D

Official Explorer MFT Problems / Issues / Feature Suggestions Thread

1. Feature 2. 2011 Limited/Tow 3. 15,000 4. 3.0 5. I think it would be really great if the Entertainment section of the home screen would allow me to set Favorites from different "bands". For example, I could set a couple FM Radio Stations, a couple Sirius Channels, etc. on one set of...
  5. D

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

Main Screen Clock Issues Since the upgrade, things have been good. I had one restart (happened after a short drive, less than a mile, turning off the engine and then starting back up again - coffee stop). I have not done a master reset on the system, yet, but I have noticed that the clock...
  6. D

Remote Start and Cruise Control conflict/issue?

I'm still waiting on the dealer to confirm this, but was wondering if any other Limited owners on the board (with both Remote Start and ACC) can test and confirm if they have this issue... Anyone?? Thanks! DH
  7. D

Cory, Thanks. I'll follow up with the dealer. I should be clear, though, the cruise control does work. It just won't turn on after I've initially started the car using remote start. DH
  8. D

I did a search, but didn't see any other posts on this (but I may have missed something). On my Ex Limited (had it about a week now, built in late May), I noticed something weird: When I do a remote start using the IAK (key), get in the vehicle, and start the engine normally, I cannot turn on...
  9. D

Emergency hazard flashers on a 2011 Ford Explorer.

FYI, my dealer told me that every other control is touch sensitive, but the hazard button is, apparently, "heat" sensitive so just holding your finger on it for a bit should trigger it, not pressing it...
  10. D

Great Vehicle - Pickup was a wash

So, I got my Ex yesterday, and I love the car. LOVE the car. :) I think it's going to take me months to figure out all the voice commands (but it's not from a lack of trying). My pickup went okay, I was in the middle of the paperwork when they told me the DVDs had not arrived and wouldn't be...
  11. D

What's your status?

Just heard from the dealer that it's ready to be picked up!!
  12. D

What I have and What I'm Missing!

Drober, waiting for mine, too. Never heard of the Radtech cables before, but like that they're so short. Which did you get the 7cm (seems very short to me) or the 20cm? Thanks! DH
  13. D

June Incentives?

Yeah, I just saw it, too. Oh well - worth a try. :)
  14. D

June Incentives?

Yes, I have the brochure, and it's protected (made sure of that when I ordered), just wanted to see if the June incentives increased from the $500 to clear out the dealer inventory that's been building now that the 2012s are about to come out.
  15. D

June Incentives?

Any word on new/updated incentives? I just checked ford.com but still see the same $500 incentive that expired yesterday...Hoping to pick up my new Ex today or tomorrow, so want to make sure I have the most up to date info.
  16. D

Sync Site down/errors?

Cory, Thanks for keeping us informed! DH
  17. D

What's your status?

Just got PM'd by Cory looks like my ETA moved up which is great news because I wanted to pick it up on Friday to have over the weekend!
  18. D

Sync Site down/errors?

Awaiting delivery of my new EX this week (I hope) and I went into the Syncmyride.com site today (the site had updated last week indicating that the SYNC software was installed), but now I get the following error when I log in: "Our system is unable to retrieve your vehicle's information...
  19. D

What's your status?

That's the number I meant. It basically just means that it's not built yet...There's really no more information on that site, unfortunately, but when it is built, the date does get updated there (my build date from the window sticker was 5/21 but on that site it says 5/23). Also, got an email...
  20. D

What's your status?

The site I used (found from another site) was www.etis.ford.com - I believe it's a European Ford site. Not a lot of information there (if you go to Vehicle then Vehicle lookup, enter your pin, it'll show a build date (mine said 30.11.3000 - or something weird like that until yesterday, and I...
  21. D

2012 Explorer

Ha!! *DING* "Think a command..."
  22. D

2012 Explorer

Don't forget the MFT Heart Monitor and EKG!
  23. D

What's your status?

Talked to CSC this morning because of the rumor of shipping hold. Found out that mine is in transit with an ETA of 6/3. Can't wait....
  24. D

What's your status?

Huh? That would suck. Was expecting my Ex to ship this week (was built on Saturday). Cory/Natasha: Can you confirm or provide any additional details?? Thanks! DH
  25. D

Myford Touch navigation Issues

I can't be sure, since I don't have my Ex yet, but isn't there an Advanced setting for the voice control? Seems to me, from what I've read, that that may eliminate some of your issues. For example, she would no longer say "Say a command", you would just hear the beep and could talk away...
Back