Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Driver door extremly loud noise.

It is only when opening and closing the door. I never thought about the silicone spray I use to use that on my atv for squeaking. I'll let the dealer do it going in Wednesday for a broken seatbelt and the a pillar trims comming off again for the 4 th time.
  2. S

Driver door extremly loud noise.

I Have a 2011 explorer xlt. I've had it over a year and a week ago the drivers door started squeaking very loudly all of a sudden and has gotten worse. It is now extremely loud. Anyone else have this problem.
  3. S

Broken seatbelt latch? Really?

I have 2011 explorer xlt and I've had it for over a year and the back passenger seat belt never gave an issue. 2 days ago my son went to click his seatbelt in and it would only go about halfway in. I looked inside with a flashlight and something is broken because the one next to it that works...
  4. S

DVD installation headache!!!!!

I have installed my own overhead DVD player it is an audiovox from best buy. This was the first one I have ever tried to install. It was not to bad but very scary cutting the headliner just because the vehicle was so new. I also ran an audio cable (red and white) to the inputs for the car. This...
  5. S

My Radio Kept Playing After I left My Vehicle .... Odd...

I've had this happen also. I did notice the other day cleaning it with no keys or anything that you can turn the radio on and listen to music.
  6. S

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

A pillar problem I had the a pillar tsb done and everything was good. Well about a week after it was done I was going about 60 and the drivers side flew off. They replaced the entire plastic piece being it slide all over the road. Yesterday the passenger side decided to fly off after a month of...
  7. S

Bluetooth music problem

My phone connects and I can call and receive calls over my explorer he only thing that does not work is the music part. My iPhone shows the icon in my music player and it shows up on the mft screen until I push the icon on mft it says cannot connect or sometimes it says undefined and doesn't...
  8. S

Dome light wiring?

Ok I got it all working but one little problem me not thinking checked it with the light still plugged in and I accidentally touched 2 prongs together and it had a small arc and now my dome light does not come on any ideas all the other dome lights still work so I don't think it is a fuse but...
  9. S

Dome light wiring?

Just wondering if anyone has a wiring schematic or can tell me which wire is which at the dome light on the second row. I am trying to hook them to an overhead DVD player.
  10. S

Connecting overhead dvd player

Just wondering if anyone can help he I need to connect my DVD player to the dome light wiring. There are 4 wires and I am suspose to connect 3 of them to the DVD player but I don't know what is what any ideas or a diagram? Thanks
  11. S

Seriously check engine light?!!!

Alright my dealer fixed my x yesterday and found the light came on because of low oil pressure. So they check the oil and it is 2 quarts low. They look underneath and find when the vehicle is running it is leaking oil from the filter which has a hairline crack in it. They basically do an oil...
  12. S

Well I know mine is not a fuel cap Problem, engine is making weird noises and rattling now and then dealer can't take until later this week.
  13. S

Yea did health report but just says what light means nothing else so not much help.
  14. S

Wow dealer tomorrow my x is 2 months old with1600 miles on it and my service engine light comes on. Just noticed the last couple of days when around 2000 rpms it seems to accelerate and decelerate slightly I don't know if this has something to do with it but very dissapointed!!
  15. S

Boat Towing.

I know what you are saying about the boat helping I see this all the time I live in louisiana and I see this here and there but I am scared to do it myself. I do not want to hurt my inboard. In my situation the launch I was on the water was low in the river. The x was able to pull the Boat out...
  16. S

Boat Towing.

Turn off traction control? Seems like it should be on to get traction? Can you explain this for me thanks.
  17. S

Boat Towing.

It is 5000 with the tow package on fwd. 2000 for none tow package.
  18. S

Boat Towing.

I purchased a 2011 explorer in June fwd xlt with the tow package. I was kinda worried about front wheel drive for towing. I pulled my Boat(Bayliner 185) for the first time yesterday. It weighs with trailer and loaded with gear around 3500 pounds or so. The explorer towed great way past my...
  19. S

Rear turn signals

Has anyone looked into changing the rear turn signal bulbs to red? I think it would look much better then orange!!
  20. S

Would you purchase a 2011 Explorer again?

YES! By far the best vehicle i have ever driven. I have had no problems at all with MFT amazing vehicle. I have an Iphone 4 and connects through BT in 5 seconds and my music starts playing or i can make a call. I have only had the vehicle one week so we will see if all stays working correctly.
  21. S

ETA tomorrow

I got it ! I got it! Amazing vehicle!!
  22. S

How old are the 2011 owners?

I'm 26 and my wife is 24 we didn't get ours yet tho it actually should be here tomorrow or Wednesday can't wait!!
  23. S

ETA tomorrow

Checked with my salesman and he finally has some info it is being unloaded off a train about 150 miles away and will be loaded on a truck for the rest of it's journey and should be here tomorrow or Wednesday. Finally getting so close!!!!
  24. S

Really Enjoying My 2011 Explorer

My ETA is tomorrow also do you feel like you will be getting a call from the dealer saying it's in? I think I would do a backflip if I get the call I know my wife will but I have a feeling like I will be Waiting a Lil longer hopefully I am wrong!
  25. S

ETA tomorrow

My ETA is June 27 tomorrow should I be expecting a call from my dealer tomorrow? Or the ETAs are not usually correct?
Back