Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

Painting eb trim, any ideas?

I am really thinking about doing this as well. If your meaning your exterior trim pieces like the fender flairs and running boards?
  2. 0

JET performance chip P#89817

I found a JET chip for my 5.0L Explorer. I am wondering if anyone is running this chip? What it improves? Is it worth it?
  3. 0

throttle body spacers

Thanks for the input guys.
  4. 0

throttle body spacers

does someone make a throttle body spacer for the 5.0 v8?
  5. 0

Loud bang noise in drve line.

2000 eddie awd 5.0l v8. so the other day i was driving to work and pulled out into traffic and accelerated. then all of the sudden a loud bang noise happened. i checked it out and it sounds like its coming from my transfer case. i putt it up on a lift and had a friend power brake it and it looks...
  6. 0

5.0L V8 Swap into 99 Explorer Sport

I give you major props!!!!Very nice! I have some questions about the mounty front face swap. What did this involve in parts besides the obvious? how hard was it to swap out the header panel? I am very interested in doing this but i need some help. Any links and advice would be very helpful...
  7. 0

explorer front grill conversion to mountaineer

Hey guys, I have a request for info about converting the front grill on my explorer to a mountaineer. I like the look of how the mountaineer's front grill is. I don't like how the front headlight on my explorer are a two piece design and have the blinker above the headlight assembly anymore...
  8. 0

Wheel Offset?

Thanks.:thumbsup:
  9. 0

Wheel Offset?

i have 255/70r16 on it now. i wanna go with some soft 8 cragar 16x8.5's with 275/ 70's or 265/70's. But what does 4 inch backspacing mean? and what tire would look the best for a wider stance?
  10. 0

Wheel Offset?

I have 255/70r16 right now. i wanna go for 265/70 or 275/70 with like a 16x8.5 wheel.
  11. 0

Wheel Offset?

I wanna get some cragar 16's but i want the tire out to right about flush with the fender flare. what offset do i need to make this possible? Thanks.
  12. 0

Tach stuck

My tachometer is stuck at around 3-4000 rpm on my 2000 eddie 5.0. it occasionally goes back down to normal but most of the time it is stuck in higher range. what the heck is going on with it. its happened since i bought the rig about a year ago but hasnt bothered me till now.
  13. 0

leveling explorers

I just read reviews on these and everyone is pretty happy with them. so i gotem coming!!!! I payed a few extra bucks from oreilly's but i can get the tomorrow. oh ya! thanks.:thumbsup:D
  14. 0

leveling explorers

thank you all for the info. this is great.:thumbsup::)
  15. 0

leveling explorers

And what if i wanted to go with air shocks all around. loosen the torsions up front to level the front to the back then do airshocks or all around?
  16. 0

leveling explorers

Do you remember what the part# of the shocks were on amazon?
  17. 0

leveling explorers

What about ride quality if i went this route?
  18. 0

leveling explorers

I'm Wondering of anyone has lowered there ex in the front to match the sag in the back? What would i Have to do and is it even good to do?
  19. 0

Brown wire mod?

Thanks guys. I like all the info. Now my decision is to not do the brown wire mod. My eddie has to last me a while and i just dont wanna do something that sounds like it will cause more problems down the road. Thanks for the info!!!!
  20. 0

need wheel spacers

pictures?
  21. 0

RPM gauge is stuck!!!! WTF

:(I have been having issues with my Gauge cluster in my 2000 eddie v8 for a while now. The RPM gauge used to just flicker everynow and then. but now the needle is stuck on 4. what do i do about this? it is very annoying when i look down at my gauges and see that my rpm gauge isnt even reading...
  22. 0

SOA Lift

i have a 2000 eddie V8. So your saying if i did an SOA, i would have to do a front body lift? just so im making thing clear to myself. Do you guys know the part number for the superlift SOA conversion? and where would i get the front body lift? I just wanna keep this as simple as can be and my...
  23. 0

SOA Lift

thanks a lot!!!!
  24. 0

SOA Lift

I want looking under my exddie and curious about how i could do an soa lift. i looked and thought how in the hell am i going to mount my shocks? is there a shock relocation bracket or some sort of different bracket for the shock? and is this even a good way to lift the rear end? If i did this...
  25. 0

1998 Explorer V8 Project. 33" Mudder KM2's (pictures)

Your doing exactly what i wanna do! you should let me know the grand total$$$ and how its working for you. Nice going man! i am excited for you!
Back