Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Battery Issues

battery Peter I appreciate you logical approach. Two more quick questions please, When I shutoff the Ex with the pushbutton ignition and then push it again it goes into "accessory" mode. If I exit the vehicle while in that mode I assume the battery is still engaged correct? Also, does it...
  2. L

Battery Issues

Hi Peter, thanks for your info. I think I have to dig deeper into the problem, I've totally lost confidence in the vehicle/battery issue. It will go to the dealer next week. This vehicle is driven nearly every day, and for periods generally longer then 30 minutes. Maybe the battery is failing...
  3. L

Battery Issues

battery issues again Hi, I have a 2011 Lmtd with 18,000miles. The battery has failed a third time. Last night the tow operator tried to use a jump box to start it, it failed. He then used jumper cables in addition. It started. Isn't the explorer supposed to go into battery save mode if...
  4. L

Hi, I have a 2011 Lmtd with 18000miles. The battery has failed a third time. Last night the tow...

Hi, I have a 2011 Lmtd with 18000miles. The battery has failed a third time. Last night the tow operator tried to use a jump box to start it, it failed. He then used jumper cables in addition. It started. Isn't the explorer supposed to go into battery save mode if something is left on. I'm quite...
  5. L

Cargo area, 3rd row seat back cracks.

Third row seat area cracked. I've just had this happen to me also :eek:. My 10yo grandson (normal bmi, lol) had crawled back there to take a nap. Later, after he got out, I noticed an indentation in the floor area. I lifted the floor/seat cover and revealed a complete crack, crosswise...
  6. L

Battery Issues

Dealer tested the battery and charging system, then said "everything tested okay, maybe something confused the computer". I said, "I hope it doesn't happen again! We will see! PeterK9 fyi the "chirp" comes when I double hit the lock fob. To me it confirms the vehicle is locked audibly.
  7. L

Battery Issues

After driving my Lmtd EX for 30 minutes and parking I had the hatch open for 10 minutes. When I went to lock it I could not get a "chirp" to confirm that it was locked. I physically confirmed that it locked. Five hours later I was unable to unlock the EX with the fob or key pad. The EX was...
  8. L

HITCH NOISE - Receivers Smaller than Hitch

I have found the same issue with my 2011 Ltd. The receiver hole IS LARGER. I've towed many mid to light weight vehicles over the years using 90's Explorers, Chevy's and Durangos. I've never had a receiver this sloppy. Different slide-in hitches make no difference. I've also resorted to...
  9. L

My first MFT black screen after two months owning...

Wow, I just joined the "black screen of death" club. Not that I want to be a member of this growing club. I just happened out of the blue when starting the LTD. I was not using usb and nothing elso plugged-in. I dropped it off at the dealer this morning, service advisor said he had no idea how...
  10. L

1st Road Trip

Good suggestion for a "button cover". Two times i've bumped the switch and have had the seats try to go from level to upright. They stall and cause me to unload everything to get them to reset. IMO auto 3rd row is a p.i.t.a.
  11. L

What's your status?

Ordered 3/30/2011 Ordered 3/30/2011, dealer said it was a priority 10. Still don't have it, CS sent me an email yesterday saying they tried to call last week and they could not contact me (they have 2 phone numbers and an email). She then said "OH, I REMEMBERED that I had your email" so she...
  12. L

Automatic 3rd Row Seats - Safety

It did stop. I have very limited info to offer regarding the 2011 Ex (mine is "sitting in Chicago") except this test drive situation. It's actually kind of funny. While preparing to test drive a 2011 lmtd the salesman was showing me the benefits of ordering the "auto" 3rd row, He activated...
  13. L

2011 Ford Explorer Crash Test Video

Now I know why CS told me my Ex was "awaiting shipment in Chicago". Apparently they failed to tell me it was being "put through a final test". At least now I know it won't be here until the paint dries.:us::salute:
  14. L

ETA 5/30/11. When really

"Hold on Explorers" All my posted info is based on information i've received from Seni/Cory or phone calls to the 800#. Last week I was told during a phone call from CS to me (thank you Seni/Cory) that there is a "hold shipment on explorers" out of Chicago. The rep could provide no reason why...
  15. L

Re-released from factory

rereleased Same situation, EX in Chicago, released 5/3, rereleased 5/5 and again 5/7. I still don't have it. CS claims "shipping problems", this sucks. Someone here has experience owning a EX and a Jeep, have you come across that person? I might head in the Jeep (G.C) direction seeing I...
  16. L

ETA 5/30/11. When really

Waiting shipment Mines been "awaiting shipment" in Chicago since 5/3/11, it's received various MFT updates since (2.8 on 5/20). I was told yesterday it is a "lack of transportation" issue in Il, mine only has to be shipped 90 miles north. I really fed up and am seriously considering dropping...
  17. L

What's your status?

Priority? How do you know its priority number, I seem to be missing something? thanks
  18. L

I can't smell anything :(

An anticipated smell of newness. I don't have my EX yet, but I sure hope it doesn't smell like my X. Sorry, I couldn't resist the urge to comment. :D
  19. L

Known Issues / Special Service Messages for 2011 Explorer

Great info Thanks for the TSB, finally someone on our side willing to provide "accurate" specific info. You rock!:salute:
  20. L

What's your status?

Hey DH, Sounds like you've got some good coming your way, great for you, hope it's true. You mentioned a "site" that showed build info, what "site" was that? FYI, early on in my process I understood my EX to start being built in Georgia then go to "final assembly" in Chicago. I believe...
  21. L

What's your status?

Ford explorer "stop shipment" order I just got off the phone with Ford CS. I was told there was a "stop shipment" order placed on the 2011 Explorers. The CS person did not have specific details (other than possibly another reinspection etc). Sounds like troubles are ahead. Congrats to all that...
  22. L

What's your status?

2011 Ex LTD sitting in Chicago for 3 weeks. Ordered 3/30/2011 from dealer allotment, dealer said it would be delivered week of May 9th based on his reports, it didn't happen. C.S. confirmed it was released for shipping on May 3th in Chicago to Milwaukee (90 miles), it's been sitting there...
Back