Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

some wheel and strut help please

Ops your driving a 3rd gen... my bad :bdrunk:
  2. X

You could buy a set of warrior shackles for about 80 bucks and twist the Tbars a bit to get you high enough to clear the 265's easy. :thumbsup: They shouldn't give you a hard time after that. Or find a good off road shop that will mount the tires for you.
  3. X

Yeaaaa, I was way off. They were 255/70r16.... whops. ;)
  4. X

Which shocks should i go with? Need help

I know how a sway bar works, and I too have replaced all the parts under my front end. And I also agree with you about leaving it attached to your truck, mine is stil on there and the closes i've been to having it off while driving is having a broken end link. But. My argument was NEVER...
  5. X

I dont know who told you that your sway bar limits your down travel, but i will agree with you if it makes you feel any better......;) Do me a favour tho. Next time you have your front end on stands and your wheel off, undo the bar pin on the bottom of your shock and see if the LCA drops...
  6. X

I was on craigslist when.....wtf?

Nice!!!..... To bad i live in Canada, eh! lol
  7. X

Its pretty cool that they do all that. Making hybrid tires with some of the best/most popular off road tires. :biggthump
  8. X

Ummm, YEA it is....... ;)
  9. X

Stock shocks actually limit the down travel of your suspension so you dont rip up cv's every 2 weeks
  10. X

lol, looks like a old style Goodyear Wrangler MT/R rip off.
  11. X

IIRC I ran 285/70r16 back when my explorer was bone stock, but i could be totally wrong. I sold all my "small" tires when i put my 33's on but i think i still have a spare at the side of my house, ill check in a bit.
  12. X

hmmm.. well ill take your word for it 100 percent. Looks like I might have to toss a pair on on my truck and see what happens. :D
  13. X

as for shocks i really like my rancho rs9000xl's. Amazing ride, and the adjustability is a really nice option to have as well.
  14. X

You would have to have some pretty heavy-duty "helper" springs on thoes shocks to hold your truck up a extra 1.5" higher then your leaf springs. If your leafs were already sagging the maybe just maybe you might net SOME lift from the shocks. This quote was taken from the link that swshawaii...
  15. X

I still don't think they will net any lift. Maybe on a old saggy leaf pack but not on a healthy pack of springs
  16. X

Ummmm, correct me if im wrong, but I dont think a regular plain old shock could ever actually lift your explorer. It would have to be one pretty damm stiff shock to support the weight of your truck, because i could compress my rancho rs9000xl by hand when they were brand new out of the box. And...
  17. X

911! Bad accident, need to figure out repairs

2 grand is a great quote
  18. X

Help identify - new noise in the front end

Check your wheel bearings because that's exactly how a bad bearing acts. I put in a cheap autoextra bearing and in about 6 months it went bad, tossed in a good quality wheel bearing and no problems since. You get what you pay for with that stuff. If you say you turn to the right and the noise...
  19. X

Help identify - new noise in the front end

I bet you its a wheel bearing. Do you have a lift and big tires on your truck?
  20. X

Wounded Pony,,,need some options

Looks like your pinion seal is shot to me... I just did mine about 3 weeks ago, not a bad job.
  21. X

2000 Mountineer Ball Joint Replacement

Remove the snap ring and beat it out with a ball peen hammer:hammer: I only use the press to put it back in. They can be kinda confusing to figure out how to use with all the adapters, and reviving cups, and blah, blah, blah. If your stuck with it search youtube on how to use a ball joint...
  22. X

Shaky center console and front seats

Kinda looks like it hit off the sway bar link :dunno:
  23. X

Strange humming/vibration

i had the same thing with my sport. I changed both cv shafts and filled her up with fresh oil and now the vibration is gone...
  24. X

Shaky center console and front seats

I have the same thing with the passenger seat shaking.. I'ts been like that since i bought my X 3 years ago I'ts weird tho, kinda off and on. sometimes it shakes, sometimes it doesn't :scratch: I've learned to tune it out, don't even really notice it anymore.
  25. X

Spring over axle lift

Here's a couple of mine with TT, F150 springs, warrior shackles, and 3" Body Lift I think she looks alright :D The first one is right after BL and tires went on...
Back