Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

#20 Fuse Keeps Blowing

Broken wires in that boot between the drivers door and the body of your explorer. I put butt connectors in there when I fixed mine and it didnt work very well. After I soldered them it was fine. Look at both of the black wires. Check for breaks and cracks.
  2. D

Please fix my Eddie! 4.6 Stalling at idle when revved.

Defective part ended up being the problem. The brand was bwd from advance auto. Runs like new now :) Thanks for every ones help.
  3. D

I cleaned the maf sensor. I had to drive about an hour to get an idle air control. Here is the problem now. I understand that the ecm will have to learn that there is a new iac but how long should it take? Right now it just idles around 1600 rpm. No fluctuation but its idling high. Threw code...
  4. D

Its drive by wire so there is no tps. Im looking for a new iac but every parts store around has to special order it. No vacuum leaks. I sprayed all the lines with starting fluid. No rpm fluctuation. Hopefully a new iac fixes it.
  5. D

Cleaned it and it seemed to get worse. Barely idles now. I will just go ahead and replace it. Any idea on the cost?
  6. D

Im going to clean the iac tonight. Starting fluid a good remedy for cleaning them on explorers. If not, any suggestions?
  7. D

I have been having this issue for a long time and it is getting worse. It started out with my ex stalling out when coming to a stop. This was very rare. Once every couple months or so. Now it is stalling out more frequently. It doesnt have an effect on the driveability. Just at idle. When at...
  8. D

#20 Fuse Keeps Blowing

Checked again, found 2 broken wires. Replaced the wires from as high as I could in the boot on the body side and to as low in the door as I could. The fuse worked for about 5 minutes and blew again. Its just blowing at random, not when anything is pressed.
  9. D

#20 Fuse Keeps Blowing

Checked and rechecked it. No broken wires.
  10. D

2003 Eddie Bauer

Any updates on this issue. I have the same thing going on.
  11. D

#20 Fuse Keeps Blowing

I have an obvious short somewhere but where?? This fuse is making my power locks not work, my radio wont turn off when the door is opened, dome lights dont come on when door is open, and daytime running light dont work. Its just a 5 amp fuse but it blows instantly. I will be checking for broken...
  12. D

4.6 Owners look here!

I have a 2003 Eddie Bauer. I noticed a few weeks ago that my x has a stumble at about 1700-1800 rpm. Its something im not too worried about just curious. I can really feel it when i bring it around 1700-1800 rpm in park. This is also the rpm around crusing speed so every now and then i feel a...
  13. D

Clunking from drivers rear??

Turns out the fine employees at the shop forgot to tighten the lug nuts. All but one were about half way out.
  14. D

Clunking from drivers rear??

Just had the rear wheel bearings changed in my 03 eddie bauer about 1000 miles ago. As of tonight im hearing a loud clunking noise coming from the left rear wheel. It doesnt make noise while under load just when braking or coming to a stop. The noise quits when i turn right while slowing down...
Back