Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Extended Service Plan (ESP) prices comparison thread

Haven't had time to check on price of the warranty, but am I reading the messages correct that if I don't like the price my dealer charged me I can cancel the warranty and repurchase it through another dealer. If so, what are the downsides to doing this?
  2. E

Who is "awaiting shipment?"

Not yet. Caught off guard that it came in and unable to adjust schedule to make time. Hopefully tomorrow night.
  3. E

Who is "awaiting shipment?"

My salesperson just called. It's here. It's here. She is going to the lot right now to confirm that it really is physically here.
  4. E

Can an order be changed?

I don't think you can make that severe of a change. At your stage I probably don't think you could change at all. A little earlier in the process (and maybe at your stage) you can change color and interior color, but I think that is about it.
  5. E

Ready to order - any last minute advice?

Whatever you do, don't order one. Scour the internet to find one on a dealer lot unless you don't care when (if ever) it will ship.
  6. E

What's your status?

Did your's ever have a "hold at yard status"? If so, maybe we can try and narrow down the issue. I do not have 2nd row bucket seats (need to be able to sit 3 across in second row) and I do have a moonroof, so I would suspect it is the 302A or trailer package.
  7. E

What's your status?

Boy I hope so. I am also a 3/24 build date. What are your Ex's specs? Mine are Ltd, 302 package, moonroof, trailer
  8. E

OK Ford Motor, It's Now Time To Get Your Act Together!

I could alleviate that by one. I would be willing to go to the Chicago plant to pick mine up.
  9. E

As I said before, I don't believe that this is separate from Ford's operating abilities. Ford may have contracted out the shipping, but that does not clear Ford of responsibility for the problem any more than it does when Ford has someone else build the bumper. I believe the biggest problem...
  10. E

Still does not excuse Ford. I live close enough to Ford that mine is to be shipped by Convoy (at least according to window sticker). Also, these are all things Ford should have known and planned for. When send a contract out for bid, you don't just accept the cheapest bidder, you also need...
  11. E

If anyone has that memo, I would love to see a copy of it. Seni, Any chance you could get your hands on it and post it?
  12. E

"Hold at Plant"

Wow, if true, that is really about the dumbest thing I ever heard on the customer service front.
  13. E

I disagree. Ford is the one who selects the mode of shipment. Ford bears the responsibility for choosing poorly.
  14. E

I ordered in mid-January. Ex has been built since March 24, but no delivery date and no one able to provide a delivery date. My Ex has now been placed on hold with no one in the universe able to explain why. Part of it is the time, but the majority is the inability to provide any estimated...
  15. E

I have been borrowing cars since January. Patience has almost run out. Ford Motor Company's customer service may be the worst I have ever seen. The inability/unwillingness to provide any information is inexplicable and inexcusable.(Note: not my dealer or salesperson, but Ford itself). Dealer...
  16. E

"Hold at Plant"

Explorer built on 3/24. On 4/15 its designation went from awaiting shipment to "hold at plant." Anyone have any ideas what the most recent hold could be? Better yet, anyone have the phone number of the Chicago plant manager?
  17. E

What's your status?

On hold again Built 3/24, awaiting shipping . . . . 4/12 at plant released 4/13 at plant re released 4/14 re released, 4/15 Hold at plant in yard. No explanation for why on hold. Flat out told they are unable to find that information out for me. I gave the customer service rep a...
  18. E

What's your status?

Ordered January (can't even remember when). Built 3/24. Still awaiting shipping. (Sigh).
  19. E

A Modest Proposal

We ordered a 11 Explorer LTD, Kona Blue, 402 package back in January. It was finally built on March 24, but there is still no delivery date. Jamie (from Ford customer service), my salesperson, my dealer and the regional manager have all been extremely helpful and apologetic but also seem...
Back