Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

How To: Pull Trouble Codes on a 1st Gen Explorer (paperclip method)

HELP! Needing "De-coded" Hey guys, Your articles about the trouble codes really helped me understand the problem with my 93 Explorer. (See my post "Transmission or Brakes?") Come to find out, using your paperclip method, it was neither of those. Maybe you can help me figure out what it is...
  2. F

Transmission or brakes?

I understand the frustration. This has been going on for almost a year, now. I just cannot narrow it down. I may remember something about a brake sensor recall around that year, I think. Anyway, I am unemployed right now, and waiting for my new job to start in May, so I have a little bit of...
  3. F

Transmission or brakes?

I haven't noticed a differance, no. The hubs are auto lock out. Push button 4WD. (Incedentelly, that's how I damaged the front differential. Hand slipped off the stick and hit the 4wd button, accellerating hard).
  4. F

Transmission or brakes?

No, not hard. and I can tell it as soon as it happens. The truck just seems to slow down all of a sudden. Like you take your foot off the gas without engaging the clutch. As far as the front diff goes, I have replaced bearings, seals, locking hubs, and brakes on both sides, but I wanted to...
  5. F

Transmission or brakes?

Thanks for replying, TonkaRanger, Yes it is a stick shift, a 5-speed. I know it is not the clutch slipping, I just replaced that about 2 months ago. The CEL does come on, after driving for a short time, sometimes as soon as I start the engine. Sometimes it is on when the surging starts...
  6. F

Transmission or brakes?

Hi, Guys, I'm new at this forum thing. Heck, I am a "new" Ford owner. I have a '93 Explorer XLT, 4.0L, 5-speed. I have never owned a Ford before, and this one seems to be a good one. I do have an issue with it that is causing me some gray hairs. At cruising speeds, in 4th, or now, 5th...
Back