Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

A simple poll...

just voted. so... 1 out of 4 new cars have no problems. wonder how ford feels about a t 25% success rating?
  2. B

I'm so tired of this!

im giving them a final chance at a different dealer. if i have even one of these problems left i am definitely demanding a buyback and will be sending them a bill for my time and any legal fees. i gave the option of giving me a straight up trade for a new model - apparently i "didn't meet their...
  3. B

I'm so tired of this!

ive taken my limited to the dealer 5 times for rattles, bumper misalignment, front wheel shimmy, the obvious mft problems, etc. this is going to be the 6th and final time i do it. for those of you who say sell it - great. want to pay me the amount i paid for it? ford has us beta testing...
  4. B

2011 Explorer Navigation System

same problem. i just returned from a vegas to phoenix trip, half of the route went off the grid and all i had was a yellow question mark noting the system was useless. when i got the phoenix the nav took me 40 miles out of the way for our supposed hotel. it noted we were at the hotels address...
  5. B

Wax & Cleaner Recommendations

chemicalguys.com love their washes sealants and waxes.
  6. B

Would you purchase a 2011 Explorer again?

the explorer in theory was great. taking it to my dealer 5 times and still not al fixed leaves a bad taste in my mouth. i want to be proud of my purchase and love telling friends about it. i hate feeling embarrassed about wasting time and ford trying to make their first generation bugs and...
  7. B

Terrain Management / AdvanceTrac System Errors

as of yet, i have yet to hear of a solution. my dealer has told me to pull over, restart and the error seems to be gone. not much of a fix, but it does work.
  8. B

Terrain Management / AdvanceTrac System Errors

ive had this happen numerous times too. along with many others since my build was an early one too. window lock dont work. mft crashes, turns on audio all the time, a pillar rattles, streaky windows, improperly balanced tire(s) that the dealer notes they dont notice, etc. etc. etc.
  9. B

tire mobility kit

wow, you would think the limited with 20's would for sure come with this.
  10. B

MFT v2.10

does arguing over version numbers do anything to clear up the fact mft still sucks in my car?
  11. B

Cat's out of the bag!

this is why lemon laws exist. ive been three times to my dealer. next time i get a problem im seriously considering asking for the magnusson moss act to help out.
  12. B

Streaky Windows

still have streaks since i got it two months ago... dealer had it tinted for me. in addition to this i have two very distinct rattles they cant solve due to not having parts, and mft is crap in my car - reboots, hangs up, wont connect or loses the phone entirely, delays indefinitely, cannot...
  13. B

Hood Deflector

Hood Deflector got the authentic fomoco parts, looked at the poorly designed manual that came with it - the schematics aren't even the same thing as whats under my hood. anyone installed these yet - pics of the install to help out? thanks.
  14. B

sunroof guard noise

anyone else with the sunroof slightly pissed off that the sunguard on the moonroof flaps like all hell when the windows are down? couldnt a better design been thought up instead of that nice sound like youre on a boat when the guard is up and any of the windows are down?
  15. B

Offroad Tires? Max tire Size?

i have the limited with the 20's - my parts guy at the ford dealership suggested these: http://www.2dayparts.com/nitto-terra-grappler-at-tire-265-50r-20-xl-111s-b?___store=default im almost tempted though to get some cheap steelies for the of road tires instead and have the luxury of...
  16. B

Aftermarket wheels

thank you sir! nitto makes the terra grappler in that size i just found out. cheapest i saw them was 160 plus shipping, locally my dealer is offering 225 installed per.
  17. B

Can we play video through the USB?

will it auto recognize a certain file type? (eg: .avi, .asf. .mpg)?
  18. B

Pics of My Tuxedo Black 2011 Ltd

nice, i went with the same black on my limited too!
  19. B

Is buying under MSRP possible on the Explorer?

i meant i got the car down 4k before i added the trade into the package. 47k msrp, 43k final price without trade.
  20. B

Aftermarket wheels

btw, im assuming our rims are 20x8.5 - what is the bolt pattern?
  21. B

Aftermarket wheels

got the better polished option rims (20's) with my limited. looking for 20's for nitto terra grapplers off road tires wince i already replaced one of the optimos that came with the car going off road. wouldnt mind seeing what folks think and any links to cheap rims for off road use i can swap...
  22. B

Is buying under MSRP possible on the Explorer?

got my limited with everything but the dvd headrests. paid 4k under invoice with mid blue book for my trade.
Back