Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Explorer Navigation Tracking Problem

Sure! They wiped everything and unplugged my vehicle so that it was a full reset. Evidently from what the Service Director was saying, their manual doesn't explain to go to that level. The guy that came down said that it seemed that my indexed (and cached) music contained some otherwise...
  2. T

New Navigation Card? (A4)

It'd be funny if your comment (which is seriously overthinking his comment) was actually sarcasm as well at an even deeper Alanis level. :salute:
  3. T

They are flying an engineer from Ford down on Monday to look at mine. I recorded three videos in a row of it showing it locking up and not finding me, over and over. I, too, have started a paper trail; if this was a cheaper car I might just trade it in, but a $46k vehicle ... not so much...
  4. T

Yep, just took mine in (again) today ... lemons suck :/
  5. T

How many have had APIM replaced?

I'm another one that has had all of these issues,, plus one other awesome one where my GPS/nav puts me all over the place (2-3 miles away in fields next to the roads that I'm driving on and then it skips all over for 10 - 15 minutes). I really really want to keep my streak of Fords since I...
  6. T

Me as well. Outside of the people here, I'm very unimpressed with Ford communication. :thumbdwn:
  7. T

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

yeah, the dealer said they still can't reproduce it so that's #2. I'm looking at the Texas lemon law as I'm about tired of having a POS. Thought that Ford was better than Dhaitsui, but I guess not. Trabi. Le Car. Ford.
  8. T

Drive engages slowly from reverse?

Hmmmm, I'll tell the techs tomorrow morning. Taking it in for the update for Nav and the A4 as well (I hope).
  9. T

Thanks Peter. I have tried to say the same thing to all of my Police buddies, and they just laugh. I guess the job requires it. I'd ask your advice on how to let them know this, but it would hijack the thread with off-topic comments which I don't want to do. Maybe a PM. :salute:
  10. T

Drive engages slowly from reverse?

I don't know if this is a valid concern or not, so I figured I'd see if anyone else experiences this. When I have my vehicle in reverse I will come to a complete stop and at the same time put it into drive and give it gas. It takes more than a full second to finally "engage(?)" and then start...
  11. T

I have the same problem. I just tell callers the problem is that it's a quality Ford product to give free advertising to Ford on how great it sounds. Has pushed my family to look at other makes as they all are heavily dependent on yakking while driving hands free.
  12. T

I hope so, as my dealer is saying there isn't anything that they can do. Sometimes when it's very heavy in the cabin I start to get light headed. I've let them know that, but still no fix. Hope it doesn't get so bad that it causes safety concerns.
  13. T

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Hold a tick. I have the version A3 SIM in mine, are you saying that there's a newer one that we should have (and if so, what does it update/fix/add?) :salute:
  14. T

+1 ... down here in San Antonio they have no idea about any of that. They're doing an oil usage or something for the next 1000 miles to see if it's something to do with that they said.
  15. T

Hey I put one in a couple of days ago .... :(
  16. T

I called the Sync support and after letting them log in as my account they confirmed that my account is hosed (both my explorer and the wifes Fusion Hybrid aren't allowing us to download anything Sync related). They are to call me back in a week and said they'll fix it so that I can download...
  17. T

Mft upgrade

Argh, why the heck does it say that I have to take mine to the dealer to upgrade yet again. This is ticking me off. :(
  18. T

Ok, so v3.0.2 is the most current, correct? The reason I'm asking is that my SyncMyRide account suddenly came up with "The Performance Upgrade is Now Available" but it's showing me with 3.0.2 so either it's confused or there is a new one? :feedback:
  19. T

Dealer Installed MFT Update

Hero - will call them back and see if they happened to arrive on Friday like I had heard elsewhere. Update: called their bluff and said that another dealer on the other side of town got them, he checked and magically they have them in stock now. Going Monday to get full update, thanks for the...
  20. T

Dealer Installed MFT Update

I called my dealer and they said that even though mine says bring it to them they can only do the software update, and that the nav SD card is in the mail to everyone and I have to wait for that part. I'm confused now since it says that my update will be done at the dealer but doesn't mention...
  21. T

Mine does something even cooler: it will randomly just go to a white screen and do nothing else. You can turn the vehicle off, come back a day later, whatever and when it comes up it's completely white. Granted, it does shut off after about 2 minutes when you leave the vehicle, but that bright...
  22. T

I'm curious as to when folks will start receiving them in the mail. Will have to start checking daily :salute:
  23. T

New MFT's customer install USB-drive shipment thread

Maybe I'm jaded but I fully expect Ford to miss the Q1 mark for this. My guess is late April. I hope that I'm wrong.
  24. T

Issue with sending Google Maps to MFT

Well the 7th largest city seems to have spot on maps. It's probably because it's Houston ;)
  25. T

Wanted to add that I too have this smell and am at 11,500ish miles. Ford, I am Disappoint.
Back