Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Navigation vs. 20" Wheels

I'd get both....but that doesn't sound like an option. I have the nav, but not the wheels. I wish I had the wheels now, but I do like the nav also. I'm not helping at all, am I? :D
  2. B

Go Thru Car Wash or Wash by Hand?

So I've read on here about car washes and how "bad" they are for your vehicle. Are people talking about the car washes that use brushes and the brushless or just the ones with brushes? We have a brushless one in town that I use. The only thing I don't like is the wax they have leaves spots...
  3. B

Splash guards and rear bumper protector

For the bumper protector, if you go to this website (http://www.partscheap.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BB5Z%2D17B807%2DA&CartID=2), you can see the picture really well. That's what I went off of when I bought it. I'd take a picture of mine, but I have a tuxedo black Ex, so it doesn't...
  4. B

Stupid Nav Question...

Here's what I found out...right, wrong, or other. "City Center" isn't a choice with Voice Command. You can manually punch it in, and it worked really well. Not sure why it's not a choice in voice command, but it isn't highlighted in the blue saying it's a choice. Seems a little lame, but...
  5. B

Stupid Nav Question...

I started out using the voice commands. After that got me nowhere, I had my wife, who was the passenger, do it manually. I'll go outside and see if I can duplicate it. I was in Brainerd, MN trying to get to Rochester, MN. Thanks for your help.
  6. B

Stupid Nav Question...

I tried that, but then it wanted other things...like places of worship, shopping, etc. I'll try it again though and see. It already had the state selected for me. Thanks though!
  7. B

Stupid Nav Question...

So this past weekend I was in city A and wanted to get to city B which was 4 hours away. I tried setting a destination, but the Nav wanted more info than that: address, business, and other POI's. I didn't want to get to a specific address, just the city. Is there any way to just go from city...
  8. B

Installing or Programming Daytime Running lights (DRL)

On my F150 I just took black electrical tape and put it over the light sensor on the dash and turn my light switch to automatic. Every time I turn my truck on, I have daytime running lights. I know it's not the same, but I always have lights on...night or day. I haven't done it on my Ex yet...
  9. B

Closing the hood...

What worked for me was to lower it until it reached the first latch. Once latched there, I lifted it up as far as it would let me (an inch or two). Then I shut it it with a good push from there. It would not latch all the way any other way that I tried. Not sure if that makes sense or not...
  10. B

Hood Deflector

I tried taking a picture of it, but black on black makes it hard to show up. Here's a stock picture of it. It looks exactly like this one.
  11. B

Hood Deflector

Ford Hood Deflector Just ordered and had the Ford hood deflector installed on my tuxedo black XLT. I hardly even notice it's there! Love the way it looks. I ordered that and the rear bumper protector through my dealer. They got them overnight and installed them the next day...no labor...
  12. B

Spare Tire Pump Bag?

Check... under the driver's seat!
  13. B

Spare Tire Pump Bag?

Got it... Yep...did it over my lunch break. Thanks!
  14. B

Spare Tire Pump Bag?

Anybody find a good spot for the spare tire pump bag? Mine is just sitting on the floor in the rear cargo area, but when we fold down the third row seats, we have to move it every time. Is there a spot for it that I'm missing?
  15. B

What's the latest on delivery timelines?

Mine is here!!! Dealer just called and said it came in this morning. The service department bumped us up and got it in and went through it. We'll be taking it home tonight! We've been waiting since the end of March, so it's a relief that it's finally here!!!!
  16. B

What's the latest on delivery timelines?

Not here yet... In transit since 3/29. Still not here...can't do much about it though. :(
  17. B

Expected Delivery Date

In Transit Mine has been "in-transit" since 3/29. I only live 4.5 hours from Chicago. I could have walked there and driven it home. Still don't have it.
  18. B

What's your status?

3/12 build and still no Explorer...
  19. B

Early March Order Date

Nope... I live a couple blocks from there. Its not there. I think Ford hates me...LOL!
  20. B

Early March Order Date

Sitting here wishing and waiting... Mine was BUILT on 3/12, and I still don't have it... Was supposed to be here on 4/3...guess what? It's not. Tearing my hair out...
  21. B

Still Waiting

Mine was supposed to be here 3/29. Still waiting....
Back