Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

SAS Cost

So I was looking into buying a sas explorer, but can't find many around my area. I have all the tools necessary to build one but never have so was kinda sketchy. I was wondering what it cost some of you that have done it already. I'm looking at probably getting dana 44's or 60's, maybe and 9" or...
  2. T

Off Road Bumpers

Thanks. That fab site has a bunch of good ideas. And I'll look into those RLC bumpers.
  3. T

Off Road Bumpers

Hey so I'm looking into building up a 91 explorer but can't seem to find any off road bumpers. Any suggestions on where I can find some?
  4. T

probable cause for intense wobble during braking and turning?

Ya, I would say a warped rotor too. Definitely drive carefully if you are going to drive it at all.
  5. T

Gear ratio question

Sick thanks for the help.
  6. T

Gear ratio question

Ya it will see freeway time for sure cause I'm going to use it to tow my boat, go camping and what not. The front are manual locking hubs so thats a positive.
  7. T

Gear ratio question

With the 33's the diff gears don't whine too much? I think 35s or 37s would let you run a littler faster... but idk. lol thats why I'm asking.
  8. T

Gear ratio question

So do you think 35's on 4:88s would be alright as a decent daily driver?
  9. T

Gear ratio question

Its on 33s right now. But will probably put some 35s on it
  10. T

Gear ratio question

So, I was wondering how streetable a 91 X would be if it was geared with 4:88s. Spool in the front, locker in the rear. Full width axle from a 79 bronco, hp 44 in front. I know its more off road set up, but wanting to street it too. (I'm thinking about buying this X fyi) Thanks for any help.
  11. T

In Dire Need of Help!!!

Was there rust, or any other obstruction, in the filter? Cause if you replaced the filter and it ran fine for awhile, maybe something clogged it back up. Maybe a rusted tank, or something broke into the tank and is clogging the system up. Or it may even be a directional filter, make sure its...
Back