Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

If you had a second gen Explorer, what engine would you put in it?

I’m all about smiles per gallon! 🤙🏼
  2. D

Yea, I’m on a set of custom control arms, 3/4 custom tube chassis and 4-link with 7” extended rear wheelbase. She’s had a little work done! Lol
  3. D

Mine came factory with a 302 so naturally while replacing my motor I stuck with the same size and just went with a 331 stroker. Seeing now how much room going with a Holley efi saved me, my next motor will be a 408 or 427 most likely. Although I’m far from that my 300 hp at the rear tire on 37’s...
  4. D

Prerunner/weekend toy Explorer

I was working 60-70hr weeks and was just tired lol. One day my brother came over and helped me thread the needle on getting the new motor dropped in and that relit the fire! I was on it every night til 10pm working on in ontop of a gnarly work schedule. The hard work paid off! 🤙🏼
  5. D

Then I went out and raced tough trucks at the del mar fair in July
  6. D

I added a few more things here and there…
  7. D

Ok it’s been a while since I’ve made an update here. The project was a little on pause due to building my dads sand car and followed by a lack of motivation lol. Here’s an update… Took the whole front end apart and motor/trans out. Had a 331 SBF stroker built by TRE Performance in Santa...
  8. D

I’ll have some good updates in a couple hours!
  9. D

Here's one of my jumps from the stands
  10. D

Here's a back wash vid
  11. D

It flew nice! I was a little nervous to hit the big jump but I said ef it! With the 35's up front it bottomed out on the subframe so the bigger jumps landed rough up front a little but other than that it was smooth and I'm stoked! Lol Jerry hucked 180 feet and this buggy went like 160! I heard...
  12. D

Had a little fun at our so cal Jump champs. Sent her around 100 feet off the jump
  13. D

Went out for Easter and did a little driving and got a few vid clips
  14. D

Did some more testing after a rear shock revalve and put 240 miles on the ole girl. 160 miles I did with my 6 year old and she loved it. She's a trooper!
  15. D

Another video running the opposite direction same line
  16. D

Got a little more testing in. Out in ocotillo hit the she'll reef whoops about 10 times 3/4 throttle at 74mph on the gps
  17. D

Thanks, I stepped up my exhaust game to 3.5 and all stainless tig welded!
  18. D

Got the explorer complete enough to do some break in testing! Had a few hiccups but overall some good testing and break in miles. and heres a short vid of some break in driving. All new trans and rear end with no miles so I had to taker 'er a little easy!
  19. D

Got my paddles from skat trak today
  20. D

A very good friend of mine is doing it. He built the front end for me too
  21. D

Thank you! Yes, it's very Nice to see your creation finally take shape my buddy who has been doing The fab work is absolutely amazing!
  22. D

Just started final assembly of the truck for testing. Installing all the panels, got the 3rd member, sway bar, and fuel cell back in. Rear swings 29 1/2" of travel
  23. D

Pre runner build

Yea no worries. When I had 12's under the bed when I first got it i built tabs off the rear of the axle. Since my leaf pack got 21" with 12" shackles I was able to lean the shocks in a little bit to use the whole shock so it lowered the top mounting point a little.
  24. D

Pre runner build

Actually after I found a pic my tabs didn't hang all that low.
  25. D

Pre runner build

If you want to run the 18's and keep them relatively low in the cargo area, build tabs off the front of the axle about 4 inches long. Make them stout because you till hit rocks from time to time. Upper shock mounting location will also be lower, although further toward, if you have a longer than...
Back