Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. DirtJunky

My 2WD 1998 XLT Project AGAIN (prerunner)

Welded up bottom bracket for the AC condenser, the top/side brackets will be tied into engine cage. Majority of people ditch the AC in builds ive noticed, and i see why.
  2. DirtJunky

Last tubes welded up for bumper.
  3. DirtJunky

Closer and lower than previously, not to mention straight
  4. DirtJunky

Trying to come back to life Repositioned the bumper. Front three tubes were about 11" and now they're 1.5"
  5. DirtJunky

Started a roof light rack, holds five 7" lights Will be bolt on so it can be removed for trail riding
  6. DirtJunky

Front view of fender clearance (before installing fiberglass) which will be McNeil Racing
  7. DirtJunky

May have cut a little too much, however, I can clear 40s if ever feel the need
  8. DirtJunky

Got a trailer to tow this thing around once completed. Plus have other projects I'm working on that needs to be towed around.
  9. DirtJunky

Pulling 20.75" out of 21" from the Link killers.
  10. DirtJunky

Mounted the Giant 64 Link Killers And almost completed tire swing, capable of mounting 37s
  11. DirtJunky

Finally got some Giant Motorsports "Giant 64 Link Killer" leafs and hardware.
  12. DirtJunky

My 2wd 1998 xlt lift spindles and SOA project

You technically could use any kind of welder if you know what you're doing. Just dont crank it up too high or you'll melt tube
  13. DirtJunky

Haven't been working on expo, it's still in the works. Put on pause because of moving to different state
  14. DirtJunky

Explorer suspension

My 2wd 1998 xlt lift spindles and SOA project That's the write up I did
  15. DirtJunky

Explorer suspension

I used spindles off a 2001 ranger edge on my 1998 expo. So yes you could.
  16. DirtJunky

33s with 4 inch lift

If you're already going with lift spindles. Then just do SOA in rear and twist the torsion keys an inch. IF you have to trim, it'll be very little Since you're 2wd you could replace the torsion bolts with longer/sturdier bolts, twist the torsion almost all the way. Then do a shackle lift in rear...
  17. DirtJunky

leaf Spring relocation

I would rethink a sloped body lift.
  18. DirtJunky

leaf Spring relocation

My 2wd 1998 xlt lift spindles and SOA project There's the thread when I did mine. It was only about $40 to do a SOA
  19. DirtJunky

Hot floor advice?

I did the same thing few years back in my Expo. I just dealt with it but you can buy a form of aerogel and place it between transmission and body, will do the trick. (Done this in a XJ and worked perfectly)
  20. DirtJunky

On the left is a 5/8" bolt from my steering that I was bending everyother time out wheeling. (1/2" bolt for a straight line comparison) This is what happens when your geometry is off
  21. DirtJunky

Needing help

Sounds like a vacuum line. My 98 had almost exact problem and that's what it was. One of the lines got pulled
  22. DirtJunky

Since I want to keep my hatch on the Explorer I made a different kind of tire carrier. It's off to the side of the hatch but not so low that it will be my bottoming out point (still bumper) Used 1.75"x0.125" for bent tubing and 1.75"x0.25" for straight tubes (welding points) and a solid piece of...
  23. DirtJunky

Swing steer is a W.I.Y. kit from Baker Fabrications Using 7/8 heims for steering, kept bending 5/8" Since I've beamed the explorer, ive gone threw a few different steering setups. •3/4 ton Tre steer with tie rods (which broke countless times) •Heims with only the Tre steer "y split" •Heims...
  24. DirtJunky

I dont have any "before" pictures of the Ford 9". I pulled it from a early F-150. It's a 31 spline big bearing 9" All the upgrades were purchased from Fierce Offroad and are mainly RuffStuff Specialties products. Ford 9" Backbone Truss 3/4 ton disk brake swap Braided brake lines 5.13 ring and...
  25. DirtJunky

Switch One or Both Axles

Personally I saw almost no difference when I went from 4.56 to 4.88 on 35s. But 5.13 on 37s made a huge difference
Back