Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Random Overheating

EDIT: i checked it this morning, and it seems that it does "roar" for about 20-30 seconds after a cold start. After I'ts cooled down, you give the fan a good turn and it has about a 1/4 to a 1/2 of a rotation. and obviously a little more when its warmed up.
  2. H

Random Overheating

I have a 99 ford ranger 3.0 v6 flex fuel. it runs like it should, except for sometimes it overheats. sometimes on hot days or sometimes when were sitting at a light. When it does, we usually turn on the heat and shift into neutral and rev the engine a little, that fixes it temporarily...
  3. H

99' Ranger 3.0L V6 Overheating and freezeplugs

Thanks, ill try this tomorrow parking it on an incline.
  4. H

99' Ranger 3.0L V6 Overheating and freezeplugs

Ok i have been having a problem with my 99 ranger overheating. it happens sporadically. but i had just changed the freeze plug in between the engine and the firewall, but couldnt get the old one out so its still inside the engine. but today after coming back from work i noticed the temperature...
  5. H

99 Ford Ranger V6 3.0L shakes at 35-40MPH

on the drive shaft it seems like there was a ring just past the rear main seal towards the back. could the be the problem?
  6. H

Okay, i got 4 new tires and balanced. Still does the same thing. BUT the tech over there told me that it may be the rear axles are becoming worn. which i guess makes sense because i had a couch in the bed of the truck and it didnt shake/shimmy/anything. so hopefully...
  7. H

1999 Ranger A/C freezes up

thank you both. hopefully within the next couple of days ill be doing this and it fixes it. thanks again
  8. H

1999 Ranger A/C freezes up

so, the a/c works every time i start it up. but after about 10-15 minutes of driving, the air goes warm. so i turn off the a/c for 5 minutes and it works again. am i just low on freon or what?
  9. H

the truck is stock other then the replacement parts ive put in. thats something ive never heard, ill give it ta try, thanks
  10. H

but the wierd thing is that it only does it from 35-40 MPH
  11. H

sorry if double posing is not allowed, but id like at least an idea so i might be able to start on it before something just falls off. and also i have no tach so i cant tell when it shakes
  12. H

i just recently got this truck running from having it sit for almost a year. it drive ok, but around 35-40MPH it shakes, if i go above 40 it goes away, and same with below 35. I have changed plugs, wires, coilpack, rear wheel bearings. im going to try the c/v joint and the rear main seal...
Back