Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

My great mess... 95 limited

the Engine is running fine, at least by sound.... sounds like a satisfied cat.... To me it all seems like a electronic problem. My guess is that there are some more wires fried, but I have no clue for witch part of the harness to search, and I don´t really like the Idea Ford had, with switching...
  2. L

How do I find out who manufactured them? Nicole P.S. OK forget the question, my husband just said he looked and the manufacture tag say´s Ford on it, same with the engine. But no overhaul tag. Still.... Ford in Brandon is useless one way or another.... since engine and transmission are not the...
  3. L

situation update I don´t know but how blind are some mechanics? :rant: When I had the car in the shop I told the guy to check if the first shop put in the right PCM and if the may be dissolved with the old one. Witch he did, according to what he said.... Today after checking fuses, relay´s...
  4. L

Tire question for our Canadian friends

I have good experience with mine, They are Wild country M&S 235/75 R15 from KarlTire. The past few years I had to use 4/4 almost all winter long, at least on the gravel roads, but with those not even half the time. Mostly I was able to drive in two wheel drive, and that saved gas.... Nicole
  5. L

OK here the pictures, I tried to get everything that looks like a conection point, or important in any way. Yesterday I also pulled the KOEO codes with a OBD1 Reader. 337 and 522 came up. No end 111 code so I could not make the Key on Engine on thest...
  6. L

That´s the same that I read and heard about the PCM, anyway I still have the old one, and it is still working against what the first shop said. But I have the same trouble with it. The shop I had it in last tested it and tried it, with no change in any of the problems. Then again they where not...
  7. L

I tried to find the person who did the rebuild, but no luck. Since you know so much about those PCM´s may be you can tell me if they should keep there programming even when disconnected for a while? And I said it bevore, but again the OBD 2 bus inside the car is useless, since I have a EEC IV...
  8. L

OK may be someone can answer me this.... are all those systems that are malfunction in any way other connected then the PCM? P.S. I figured out why I could not get a read out... My Check Engine light is not working.... ergo no flashes.... I get that fixed and buy myself one of those...
  9. L

New member from Canada

My name is Nicole and I was born and raised in Germany but live since four years in Canada. The first car we bought was a Explorer 1994 XLT V6 and I fell in love with it, also I was at first a little bit scared because I had never driven an automatic before. It was kind of wired not to control...
  10. L

Thanks Ray, Well I would be more specific but my problem is that I don´t know what causes the problems. So I don´t know where or what needs to be fixing exactly. The Transmission is my main concern. It starts in Third gear, and does not switch right. The engine is running 500 Rev to...
  11. L

This is kind of a long story, but maybe someone has some Ideas I am open for anything. When we came to Canada our first car was a 94 Explorer XLT, and I fell in love with it. But in last December it broke down, and I decided to look for a replacement. I bought a 95 Explorer Limited, and I love...
Back