Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Seat Heater

mine came standard on 2004 STA
  2. B

Egr problem driving me nuts please help

Dinks... Swetrid is correct.... the EGR is mechanical...and codes are sent via electrical signals.. irregardless to if the EGR valve is working or not. so your question is kind of two fold. 1. Swetrid said the Dphe valve is the problem and replace it... do that and that should take care of the...
  3. B

Sport Trac ABS theories & myths

Steve you da man!
  4. B

most all auto parts suppliers have scanners. I helps up sale parts, so they will scan for free
  5. B

Did you scan your system to see if any faults might be set? a guessing game for auto repairs can get expensive.
  6. B

You said: "Just looking for an intelligent (lol) discussion. " kind of a weird way to put things if you really want people to have a conversation with you. good luck with that. I don't qualify
  7. B

Hate my headlights!

I put HID's in and HATE them too... Keep us posted as to what you found
  8. B

Help with Headlight relay info

Steve, I love the ones on my Mitsubishi 3000gt... and the lights on these Sport tracs are not that great. I will let you know how it works out
  9. B

cooling system problem .....

I think after all that... I would go for the gold.. used gauges might be as bad as what you have or might fail.. and if your doing it yourself.... not that bad.. but five bucks? hmm.. you could get that first... and see what it looks like. If it looks new.. then go with that.
  10. B

Tonnou rear lock cover

I think I found something that might work.. it's kind of a solid black packing foam rubber type block that I might be able to cut to fit snugg.. I just want something to seal the rain water out and easy to remove so I can access the key lock I will probably end up calling a salvage yard...
  11. B

oh come on Steve.. don't let me down bud!.. :) I know you can give me some thoughts on this I was thinking of just adding some kind of jumper from the high beam power to the the low beam hot feed, so it keeps the low beam powered up when I flip on the high beams... (OH wait.. I think I just...
  12. B

Tonnou rear lock cover

My tonnou (hard cover over truck bed) lock for the rear at the tailgate is missing it's lock cover Plug. the part that keeps the lock watertight, you have to remove the plug to use the lock I called the dealership and the replacement part is over $100 bucks.. Do I have any options...
  13. B

Ok guys, I figured I would ask the experts for help on this to see if anyone has done this before. I installed HID lights, install was easy. low beam is nice and bright, white light However, when I switch to Highbeams.. it switchs OFF the HID low beam bulb filiment and switchs ON the...
  14. B

cooling system problem .....

you did all that and it still overheats? doesn't seem like much left to replace. It might be time to take it to a professional. Let us know what you find
  15. B

Fuel gauge issues

Keep it filled up... haha.. just kidding of course.. Looks like you did the most logical thing by replacing the sending unit... There is a way to test before replacing.. take the lead wire off the sending unit and ground it... the gauge should go to full...if it doesn't .. the gauge is bad...
  16. B

K&N High Pitch Noise

I am so glad you guys posted this problem. I was seriously thinking of buying a K and N filter.. but not now. That noise would bother me to no end. My 3000GT has a resonator after the filter. I wondered what is was for.. now I know
  17. B

2003 Sport Trac. Does not start when it's hot.

you might have left the a light on and killed the battery? or something that drained the battery completely dead... was your first problem which caused your second problem. when your battery died, you lost memory settings. and your setting for the locks.. look thru you owner's manual and...
  18. B

banging under driver floorboard HELP

It's a classic center support bearing noise. I am not sure your drive line design, but when the center support bearing goes out on the drive shaft, it will allow the drive shaft to oscillate and bang around until centrifugal force centers the drives haft at higher speeds
  19. B

HID install. OEM reflectors?

darn.. you maybe right..oh well...
  20. B

I got them installed and I am kind of dissappointed... I had installed them in my 3000gt and had better results. I with I am going to remove the reflector and see if that doesn't improve the performance. If nothing else, I am going to trim the bottom half so it will only shield the top part...
  21. B

LOL... That's what I was afraid of... I tried them out tonight... I should have gone with 5000 max.. 6k is a bit on the blue side.
  22. B

I am installing HID bulbs in my 04 STrac. The reflectors inside the lens infront of the bulbs.. CAN I remove that? or should it stay ? Please advise Thanks! Brian B
  23. B

Am I burning oil?

OMG.. you guys are arguing about this? oh well... To throw in my 2 cents.. 1) it is not a problem. 2) don't change a thing 3) higher viscosity oil causing wear in cam bearings.. HAHAHa.. not true
  24. B

Seafoam Engine Cleaner

hahah.. maybe your crazy and my crazy are different levels?
  25. B

Seafoam Engine Cleaner

If you cat converter was taken off.. it would smoke like crazy. I am sure the stuff works... I have used it and it does clean the injectors and pistons.. AS for small air cooled carb. engines.. who knows.. they might have used too much concentration and damaged internal soft parts it's good...
Back