Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

My '95 Explorer is possessed

Any ideas on the PCM caused noise?
  2. F

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

odometer quit The odometer quit on my '95 at 172361 several years ago. It never gets any more miles on it any more. It's stuck in a time warp.
  3. F

radio noise I pulled the fuel pump relay and it didn't change a thing. When I pulled the PCM relay the noise went away. Where is the PCM?
  4. F

radio noise Well, it doesn't appear to be the fuel pump. After leaving the key on for a long time in the run position without the car running I am still getting a huge amount of static. I pulled out each fuse one by one to see what effect it would have. It seems the instrument panel and...
  5. F

radio static Here's another weird thing I discovered. The radio (stock) has a lot of static on AM stations. I tried listening to it in the ACC ignition key position and it is as clear as a bell. When I turn the key to the run position without starting the car it is so staticy that it is...
  6. F

o/d light flashing Did you ever get the o/d light to quit flashing. Mine is doing it all the time now. I get a thump in the drive train it seems every time I slow down as it goes down past 15 mph.
  7. F

I went out at lunch time. The windows went down and up on my way to the restaurant. The radio display was dark the whole trip. When I got my food and got back in the car the windows would not go down. Now the "O/D off" light is blinking on and off. I never touched "O/D" switch.
  8. F

one more thing One more thing I forgot to mention. The air bag warning light flashes a few times and then stays on most of the time. The windshield wipers always work in full and fast mode. They only intermittently stop and start at random points within their sweep when the control is in any...
  9. F

I got in the car after a hot day at work last week. The A/C wouldn't work AND the windows wouldn't go down. That was no fun driving home that day. The 4wd lights flashed at me as if saying "nah nah na nah nah". I felt like a dog locked in a car in the supermarket parking lot in August with...
  10. F

The A/C must not be leaking because it blows ice cold for 5 minutes and then stops. It does this consistently. I have stuck a thermometer in the vent and it will get down to 45 degrees F. when it's working. The windows work most of the time but whenever the 4wd light flashes that means no...
  11. F

I have a '95 Explorer that seems to be possessed. The A/C works for 5 minutes or so and then quits. If the 4wd light flashes 5 times and quits the electric windows won't go up or down. The display on the radio is on sometimes and completely blank at other times. The windshield wipers work...
  12. F

remote entry or not

It has the module shown in the picture but no keypad. Does that mean it came with the RKE key fobs or not?
  13. F

remote entry or not

Thanks! My '95 has that same looking module in the jack compartment right in front of the rear window washer fluid container. However, it doesn't seem to respond to the ignition key on - off 5 times ending in on sequence. I've tried quite a few times now.
  14. F

Keyless entry and keypad on '95 Limited ?

factory RKE On a '95 X does the lack of a keypad mean it was not factory equipped to use the remotes or did some models come with RKE and no keypad?
  15. F

remote entry or not

'95 RKE receiver module Where would the factory RKE receiver module be located on a '95 model? What does it look like for a factory installed one. I know what the kit module looks like. Ford tells me they are completely different.
Back