Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

starts to burn water

well i was drivin it today and it happened again. nothing happens. the coolant guage goes up to about 205 then back down to about 190. the guage on my dash with the thermometer in the wavey water symbol thing got to about 3 quarters up. when i stopped to get gas i turned it off and then when i...
  2. P

starts to burn water

well i dont really know what is happening but some people have been saying that its water. it smell like chlorine after about 45 minutes of running constantly.
  3. P

starts to burn water

well what would smell like chlorine. i have two guages, one that is on the dash and one that is connected to the coolant temp. the one with the coolant temp goes up to about 200 then back to 190 but the other one goes to the H.
  4. P

starts to burn water

I have a question bout my ford ranger. after driving it for about a 20 min or so it starts to burn water. what can i do to make it stop? any answer would help.
  5. P

My Ranger runs hot.

i have a question about my ford ranger with an explorer v8 5.0L engine swap. yesterday i was drivin it with the A/C on and the water temp was high and so was my engine temp. i turned the heater on and it was still really high. i think that the fan is not working when i turn the A/C on? could...
  6. P

Question about codes.

its an automatic tranny. it runs perfectly except for some rusting problems but the egr and the speed sensor pop up on the check engine light. its just the computer not "talking" with the truck.
  7. P

Question about codes.

im not sure about the computer. the guy who i got the explorer from was pretty sketchy. i have a 2000 explorer engine. would the DPFE be on that. if so where at. im not really a ford guy. my mom had a dodge and so did everyone else around me.
  8. P

Question about codes.

But i DID fix it. I replaced the egr sensors, wires, and all the other **** that goes with it. its the engine. i did a engine swap. there was a v6 in it. i put a v8 in it and i used the computer from the ranger because there were too many problems with the explorer computer. and if i didnt care...
  9. P

Question about codes.

I've tried to just clear the codes but after like 10 miles it pops back up. Someone told me to send in my computer and have like a firewall put in so it dosent pop up any more.
  10. P

Question about codes.

Hey guys. i just got a ford ranger with a 5.0L explorer engine in it. the check engine light is on and i checked it and its the speed sensor and the egr. does anyone know of something that i can do to clear it from my computer. thanks, prerunninranger
Back