Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

High Mileage SOHC's Explorers

248,500.....and still counting. Looking to hit the 250 mark this year. Been running from Dallas to Houston and back a few times lately, and still nockin down 21mpg , doing high speeds.... In fact, I passed a small car that wouldnt move over for the passing lane doing 105mph , with...
  2. R

Comment by 'robsez65' in media 'Paint matched emblem'

Looks the coolest !
  3. R

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

While i was at a um... yard a few weeks ago, i saw a 97' that 316,x.. on it, before it met with its demise. Gave me hope for mine.
  4. R

Update... on ole red...248,660 Took a 265 mile trip to Houston 4 weeks ago for work, and saw a H2O leak, thought it was a hose clamp loose, no. Started digging in further(at the hotel parking lot no less) and found the thermostat housing , leaking... again. Started taking thermo top off...
  5. R

My '97 xlt 2wd has 245,108 and is still a strong runner. Neither engine nor trans been cracked open. Only main issue other than normal replacement things, was that the thermostat housing nipple on back broke off and was a bit of a pain to replace, Have also replaced the alt , 2 O2 sensors...
Back