Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

What do you keep your displays on?

Settings Left side front - 10 min. fuel history Right side front - Entertainment playing (great for artist / title w/Sirius) Main screen - Nav, 45 degree view with Auto adjust :)
  2. H

MFT Update

Yes, added as a Trusted site, turned security settings to low on that setting and using IE 8 (in subject of my original post ;) ) The popup to install ford.cab appears then.......
  3. H

MFT Update

Syncmyride.com and IE 8 Hey everyone, I've tried various times on the 'updates' secton of my SMR site but my browser continues to lock up. I can see history and other areas of the site but the ford.cab install box usually spells the end. Is there a setting to change, cookie to accept or some...
  4. H

2011 Explorer - 1 year later

JU, the trip to Yellowstone had a return through Laramie around or about 9/24 last year....first game for my 3 boys, first time NU @ War Memorial stadium. Awesome experience all around :) GBR
  5. H

2011 Explorer - 1 year later

Hi all, I've posted a few times on this board (questions & comments) but wanted to review our year of Explorer ownership. We ordered our 2011 XLT and picked it up a year ago already (7/8/2011). It is Kona Blue, 202A with pretty much every option / accessory save a few ('no' to sunroof, 20"...
  6. H

MFT Update extends warranty

Yep all of that I agree with all the buzz on this forum... I said "by doing and reporting the MFT update" ;) I have a 2011 so I assume a 2012 would be covered also. I think that is a pretty strong thing for a company to do and appreciate the effort!
  7. H

MFT Update extends warranty

This post could easily go in the stock section also and I haven't seen comments on it to date... Did anyone else pick up in the letter that by doing and reporting the MFT update, the standard warranty on the system becomes 4 years from start date with unlimited miles??? I believe electronics...
  8. H

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

Kansas City I received the combo update (USB / maps) 3/22 in the Kansas City area. I believe late May / June 2011 build date (picked up right before the 4th of July 2011).
  9. H

300,000 Wasted Gallons?

What do the dealers do? This is a great thread! My question...if you take the Ex into the dealer, what do they do? I assume they can do multiple updates @ the same time...do they have them all running in the shop OR do they hook them up to a battery charger to override the 10 power save...
  10. H

Has Anyone Used the AV/in feature of MFT ?

Good surround sound for kids We use the AV in all the time while driving. The stereo left/right works while in motion (red/white), only the video (yellow) is locked out. We have the DVD system for the 2nd row and our young ones are not yet accustomed to headphones so we have a cable that...
  11. H

Side-by-side carseats, fold down 2nd row

They work!!! Thanks for the suggestion, harlenm! We did end up getting 2 of these and they fit fine in the 60% and the 40% folds down!!! Trick is to LATCH the outboard seat first (keep it loose but snap the latches), then fully install the middle with the 40% in partial fold position so...
  12. H

Side-by-side carseats, fold down 2nd row

Hi, I searched and couldn't find anything specifically addressing my question...please direct me to the chatter if I missed!! We have three kids, a 4 yr/o & 1.5 twins. What we would like to do is put the twins on the 60% 2nd row bench with the 4 yr/o booster on the 40% 2nd row bench and...
  13. H

What is this?

Ahh, I saw your reply to this effect earlier in the thread but as the conversation became punchy, I assumed as well. Ok, will leave them on then. Thanks!
  14. H

What is this?

Sorry to drag up a (really) old thread...any final answer on what these are/do/did?? Mods?
  15. H

XLT HD Radio???

That's interesting. My understanding was that only the Sony system only available on the Limited had HD Radio capabilities...perhaps I was in error??
  16. H

XLT HD Radio???

Hi all, I've had my '11 XLT 202A for about 10 days but have been reading / studying for much longer (ordered it in late May). This forum, blog sites, Ford site, etc. so I feel I have a decent handle on its gadgets. So here is my story / question.... This morning, MFT was on the home...
  17. H

2011 Final Number

Yes, that would be interesting to see. # by color by trim line. Does that typically get reported out to the public?
  18. H

Sirius Tuner swap

I've heard both E209: I've heard that...lifetime attached to ESN. F99: I've read that...able to transfer up to 3 times 4 a fee. I don't spin vehicles often but lifetime could be a long time of listening & I want to have options. Also heard that the sub is tied to a radio unless defect...
  19. H

Sirius Tuner swap

Hi, I have a '05 Escape that we upgraded to the lifetime Sirius subscription. Ordered an '11 Explorer (of course has Sirius). My question is can the tuner from the Escape be swapped into the Explorer after the trial period? Has anyone done this??
  20. H

What's your status?

Hi, new member. What is the guarantee mechanism (incentives protected by Ford)? How can I enforce what you describe??
  21. H

What's your status?

Hi, new member. What is the guarantee mechanism (incentives protected by Ford)? How can I enforce what you describe??
Back