Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Possible Vacuum Leak.... Need Help!!!

The check valve was $14.10 and it literally took 5 seconds to swap out. It was super easy. If you need pictures or anything to help you fix it, just let me know.
  2. L

I bought a new check valve from the dealership and put it on last Friday. I haven't had any issues since, so hopefully that was the fix.
  3. L

AVS Vent Visors

I am looking to get a set of vent visors for my Explorer and I am looking for some feedback. I really want a set that is in-channel, not the outside stick on type. I was looking at the WeatherTech brand but I don’t like the way they go all the way down to the bottom of the window near the...
  4. L

Sun visor install help

So when I purchased my Explorer, the mirror cover on my driver’s side sun visor was broken off, which I now see is a very common problem. Recently the passenger side mirror cover broke as well. I ordered two brand new sun visors to replace the broken ones. Today I went to install the driver...
  5. L

It seems to do it on both straight roads and uphill.
  6. L

No, its the A/C check valve, I don't think that is the same thing as the PVC valve? Yes, it is a 4.0.
  7. L

Yesterday I removed the check valve and blew some air through it. It seemed to be working correctly so I put it back on. Drove the vehicle a couple of times and it seemed to have fixed the problem. Went out and drove this morning and the hissing sound is back. I just called Ford and ordered...
  8. L

I recently purchased a 2008 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer and it is a great vehicle so far, however I think I may have a vacuum leak and I am looking for some help. When I am accelerating I hear a hissing noise coming from the passenger floor board area. It doesn’t seem to happen all of the time...
  9. L

New Member!!!

I just wanted to post here and say hello to everyone. I recently purchased a 2008 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer. It is my first Explorer that I have owned, and so far I am loving it. I look forward to reading and posting on the forum very soon. -Kyle
Back