Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

How to: How To: Replacing Rear Axle Wheel Bearings

I replaced both sides this past week on my '02 ST. Borrowed the Master Axle tool kit from Advanced Auto Parts. Worked like a charm. I highly recommend the slide hammer and bearing puller. Over all an easy process. I pushed the differential pin back in after removing the axles to prevent...
  2. B

anyone in nc

I'm on Fort Bragg right now!
  3. B

anyone in nc

Unfortunately my ST needs some work so I can't take it offroad much as it's my only transportation right now. If I break anything major I'd be SOL.
  4. B

anyone in nc

I live near Fayetteville
  5. B

Serpentine belt/ tensioner pulley issues

I noticed that my tensioner pulley jumps back and forth while the truck is running. Is it supposed to stay pretty stable or would this be considered normal?
  6. B

ABS Problem

I agree with this diagnosis. And it is easy to replace. I did it on my Sport Trac about 3 years ago. Took only about 10 minutes to complete.
  7. B

Double your pleasure... DIY Doubler!

LOL!!! :D But yeah I think we all would love to see the write up for this!
  8. B

PA70023 Failed install

So the old sleeves must be used with the Daystar kit?
  9. B

replacing 02 sensors

I usually only get about 300 miles on a full tank in my 02 Sport Trac. I figured thats about normal. My GPS tells me I'm getting about 18 MPG on highway and 15 in city.
  10. B

PA70023 Failed install

I'm definitely interested in seeing how the bushing work for you. I'm planning on doing the same thing you are and putting the lift kit on my truck too. I've been going back and forth on whether to try the Daystar kit or get the Ford bushings. If you can do a lot a pics that would be of great...
  11. B

Single Pop sound when turning right

Yeah my mounts are badly deteriorated too. I have not dropped the money for them yet, but getting ready to soon. Darn Ford parts are so pricey! Ugh.
  12. B

That was the exact same one loose on mine!
  13. B

P0171 & P0174 4.0L SOHC's Sport/Sport Trac

I just replaced the PVC hose on my ST. It's an easy fix, but man Ford is crazy with the prices of their parts. Local dealer charged me $38 for that hose. Ridiculous!
  14. B

So I finally found out what the cause of the sound was. Apparently when I had the alignment done, they did not fully tighten the upper control arm bolts. When I would turn the control arm would shift and that was causing the pop. After tightening them, the sound is gone.
  15. B

How To: Upper Control Arm / Ball Joint Replacement (Lots of Pictures)

I'm assuming you're talking about the driver's side cam They are tough to get out. You may have to loosen the fuel line mounts so that the fuel lines will flex far enough to allow the cam bolts to slide out. Search this thread as others have had this same issue. I think I remember seeing a...
  16. B

Yeah. I'm wondering if that is it. The boots on the CV joints are not cracked. If I were to break the clamp and check it, would a visual inspection be enough to tell if it's the culprit? When I drove it this morning it is still doing it.
  17. B

Finished checking things out. Didn't find anything obviously wrong except the rubber boots that cover the inner tie rod ends had come loose from the rack and pinion. I put them back on and tightened the zip ties a lot more this time. Of course I couldn't get the pop sound while the truck was...
  18. B

:rolleyes: Forgot to mention... it is a 4x4 model.
  19. B

I have an 02 ST :exp: with 150k miles on it. I am getting a single pop sound when the steering wheel is turned right between 1/2 way to full. It is only a single pop and does not always do it. It doesn't matter if I am moving or stationary. It has been doing it for some time, but I've been...
  20. B

I think the line you are talking about is the fuel line. I had to unmout the fuel line(s) when I did my upper control arms. When you remove the mounting screws for the fuel lines you can move them just far enough to get the bolts back in for the control arm.
  21. B

Seafoam Engine Cleaner

I did half through the vacuum line and half in the gas tank also. I had very little smoke.
  22. B

Two piece upper control arm?

I just finished replacing my upper (used the one piece) and lower ball joints and my inner and outer tie rod ends. Also installed a camber adj kit. Took in to get an alignment. So the first place I went said the toe was just slightly off. They adjusted it and sent me on my way. I was skeptical...
  23. B

Seafoam Engine Cleaner

I haves used Seafoam before on my '02 ST. After watching some videos on YouTube and a suggestion from a friend that's in to performance modifications I gave it a try. It's supposed to clean out (burn) the carbon build up in your engine which produces a lot of smoke from the exhaust. We were...
  24. B

Just finished doing mine this past weekend. This walkthrough was invaluable. I also did the lower ball joints, inner and outer tie rod ends, and new shocks. I have 150k on my '02 ST and this was the first time any of these have been replaced. My tires were wearing pretty bad on the insides...
  25. B

02 Sport Trac tranny problems

That sounds like a good course of action to me. Check the pan and filter for excessive metal pieces, but mine didn't have any. Hope it works out for you. I've got 145,000 miles on my transmission so far.
Back