Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

manual tranny clunking on downshift

appreciate the input,it was the u-joints.they were so bad that almost every cap had no needle bearings.some of them were full of rust dust,lol..thanks again
  2. L

md05 5 speed clunking

and i would also like to add that if im at a complete stop,put it in 1st and hold the brake if i quickly let the clutch out halfway and back it makes the same clunking sound
  3. L

manual tranny clunking on downshift

im having what sounds like a very similar issue,are you having any jerking,or bucking on deceleration?i have a thread posted as well ill let you know if get anything on it
  4. L

md05 5 speed clunking

im having some issues with my 95 xlt 2wd 5speed,when i engage and disengage the clutch it makes a clunking sound,not all the time about 50% of the time accompanied by a whine in 1st and 2nd.also when i decelerate the truck bucks a little and makes the same clunking sound(it doesn't feel at all...
  5. L

Emissions & exhaust nightmare.

I have recently bought a 95 explorer xlt with the 4.0L,the previous owner had a clogged cat so he cut it off at the y-pipe(engine side of the flange),and has the exhaust rigged into a dual setup,one side with a really long glass pack, the other with the cat bypassed with a flex tube. Also...
Back