Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Mustangs

The Stang I have a '70 F/B grabber blue, 351c4v , c6, 9in w/3:89 posi, to many updated parts to list. Had a '76 Mach1 w/ 302 4spd. That was a good quick a well built car, until wiped it out. And had a 81 coupe 6 cyl. for about a month till I traded it for a 68 Cougar XR7 w/ 302.
  2. M

4.7 v8 power?

5R55W Yes, the new Explorers are 5R55W/S. It is just Ford's newest member. The reason Ford hasn't changed the F-150's yet is because the body style hasn't changed since 97. I have'nt read it any where yet, but I bet the 2004 will have the 5R55W. The new torque shift is behind the 6.0...
  3. M

4.7 v8 power?

5R55W Okay my trans guy got one tore down for the first time in 2 years. Only a fwe hard parts were very simaller. The cluthes are a breed of its own friction on one side steel on the other. This trans is 5 times tougher than the 5R55E. And more confusion the 5R55N comes in the LS and...
  4. M

Fog light bulbs on 2002 X

lights sorry, I guess I'm just a dumba**. And I have seen some Piaa lights in those openings and they looked damn good. Piaa stuff is just to damn expensive. Thanks for the help I'll try to find some sylvanias.
  5. M

Royal Purple Motor Oil

royal purple Royal Purple has a good rep. I use the Royal Purple Ice in the coolant mostly to protect against corrosion and help heat transfer. And it's made only 20 minutes up the road.
  6. M

Fog light bulbs on 2002 X

sylvania Enlighten me!! What are these sylvania silverstar lights? Also has anyone put in aftermarket driving lights in the lower valance that has the removable rectangles? 2002 XLT 4.6 K&N, Edelbrock muffler w/ Borla tip, intake spacer going on tomorrow.
  7. M

Big Intake Problem

Always replace any paper like gasket or old o-rings with new ones. They get hard and brittle after a few years. And that will cause it to run like arse..
  8. M

2002 Explorers needed! Near Riverside, CA

Can someone contact K&N and tell them there are more than enough people in Texas that they can use as test mules. We can go to Houston Raceway Park, fastest track in the south. I have an open element K&N and it did make a big diff. I just wanna get rid of the funky inlet tubes and baffles.
  9. M

2002 Explorers needed! Near Riverside, CA

Can someone contact K&N and tell them there are more than enough people in Texas that the can use as test mules. We can go to Houston Raceway Park, fastest track in the south. I have an open element K&N and it did make a big diff. I just wanna get rid of the funky inlet tubes and baffles.
  10. M

Big Intake Problem

seafoam I got my Sea Foam at O'Reilly auto parts.
  11. M

Info: Antifreeze - Useful Information

additives Is it bad that I just used Royal Purple Ice when I changed my antifreeze. My brother-in-law swares by Redline Water Wetter in his 99 5.0 AWD
  12. M

Whistle Under the hood

IAC All you 4.0 SOHC owners, this is 99% of the time your problem. I've sold a few hundred, if you pay more than 80.00 your getting it in the arse. And keep your throttle body clean, it helps. To much carbon build up in the IAC and it starts to stick usually causeing a bad idle.
  13. M

adjust your TPS (another free hp mod)

tp I just checked my Ranger 2.9 it has always had bad gas mileage(arounf 15 city) I think thats bad every one tells me I should be getting about 19. I checked the tps and it was on .941, should I try this?:o
  14. M

4.7 v8 power?

5R55E Okay guys here it is. the 5R55E is only behind the Rangers and Sport/ Trac Explorer 4.0's It shares parts w/ the A4Ld P.O.S. The 2002 has a new breed 5 speed 5R55w and 5R55S one goes behind the 4.6 the other the 4.0 both share a lot of parts the torque converter is probably the...
  15. M

4.7 v8 power?

15's 1/4 No prob. guys I'm new here. The Centerville,Ar track is 1000 ft Houston (Baytown) is 1/4 mi. The 29 th I'll be back at Centerville. Got an intake spacer on the way, gonna see how much it helps.
  16. M

4.7 v8 power?

4.6 strength I have a 2002 4.6 Xlt and it ran 15.59 on a really humid day at Houston. I work in Ford parts and compared a lot between the Mustang and Explorer. The block is the same as the Cobra it is stronger and the share a crap load of parts. The 4.6 is nothing to laugh at and I own...
  17. M

raced a 4.6 L 2002

4.6 vs 5.0 stock Every year I take a vacation to visit family in Arkansas. My brother races a Maverick and I use to run my '70 Mustang and the local track which is 1000 ft. I had a 98 XLt 5.0 ,3.73 locker, K&N drop in, and everything is was stock because I was leasing at the time. In...
Back