Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Explorer Navigation Tracking Problem

Has anyone considered a class action lawsuit? The other day coming out of DC my navigation system did not get a GPS lock for my entire drive home which was about 45 minutes. Most days it gets a lock within 2 minutes or less but every now and then it takes 15 minutes or more. it is a good...
  2. B

new SYNC Software V3.7 update

Why are they not rolling this out to 2013 owners? I have been burned by Ford and will probably not buy another Ford for a long time. MFT is better but still has a long way to go. Entering destinations is flaky and ambient light settings do not stick for more than a week.
  3. B

brand new explorer with old nav maps

In my experience it takes several years for the new roads to show up on navigation systems and this is not just with Ford, but all of them.
  4. B

My explorer tried to crush my dog

I think that the buttons should be behind a flip up protective door. I have been unloading cargo and something has shifted and pressed the button. Unfortunately in that scenario the hold would not help.
  5. B

Sync and iOS 6

Why isn't Ford sending this update with the Nav SD card like they did earlier this year? Ford should be doing everything they can to improve there reliability rating since they have been slammed by CR as one of the least reliable manufactures mostly due to the MFT issues. The 3.2 version...
  6. B

Remote start extra key cost

I got a third key with mine and I believe it was $140 but I did program the key to car myself. It's really easy and it only took a couple of minutes.
  7. B

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

Here is another improvement. In the phone book when I look up a contact I can now see their address, but unfortunately I can't navigate to that address from the contacts. I have to manually enter the address and save it in the nav favorites.
  8. B

It seems to be getting better with time. I think on a virgin install it is overwhelmed with the new devices and initializing the nav for the first time. There are still some quirks but it seems to be settling down a bit and is far better than 2.11. It is a major re-write, I am sure that this...
  9. B

Previously if my iPod was playing I could ask for songs, playlist etc. directly after pressing the voice button. Now I need to say "iPod" first. The space bar intermittently disables when naming a favorite. Seems to happen once you put in an address. If you come back later after a restart...
  10. B

MFT - MyFord Touch Update received at home

Well I took my Explorer out for a quick drive, I tried clicking on the nav and everything locked up. The iPod kept playing and I could seek the next song on the steering wheel but it was stuck on the locked up media screen. Several minutes later the nav screen came up and was updating...
  11. B

MFT - MyFord Touch Update received at home

Got mine and I am in Baltimore. The install went smoothly and so far it seems to be a major improvement. I will say that I do miss the temperature on the big screen.
  12. B

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

My friend with a Lincoln MKX got his yesterday. I am still waiting.
  13. B

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

At this point I would accept 5 screws, it might not look as good, but it would hold.
  14. B

Agreed, they had my Explorer for 4 days before they finally fixed it. Unfortunately after a month the rattle has returned, although it is much more infrequent than before. I was told that Ford would provide a rental during the repair, but when I was reviewing last months credit card statement...
  15. B

Fixing MFT

While not perfect, MFT 2.11 has been reasonable for me. Upon start up, I can turn on my A/C seat within 5 seconds. Every now and then my phone won't pair, I can try to reconnect several times without success. If I restart my iPhone4 it works, this sound more like the problem is with Apple...
  16. B

Normal operating temperature range

I have heard this rumor too. A few stupid people complaining that their temperature gauge rises a couple of mm when they climb a mountain pass and we all have to get punished.
  17. B

Should I Pull The Pin; Pilot or Explorer?

The noisy Honda interior and the abysmal sound quality of the stereo are not a pleasant combinations.
  18. B

I will say that I don't have any door dings after 3 months (knock on wood). Maybe it is luck or maybe it is the paint.
  19. B

1. The HIDs are great, they light up and come up to temperature almost instantly. 2. Some people have removed the lower fairing below the bumper to increase ground clearance. 3. The Honda has a timing belt that requires replacement at 100K (IIRC) which is a $1000+ job. The explorer has...
  20. B

Brake Controller Plug and Wiring

It would be if the brake controller was integrated like the F150. Unfortunately you have to screw in the controller box somewhere.
  21. B

Tin Roof Rain noise.

Is this going to do any good? If the dealer doesn't have a fix, I can bring it in, they can look at it and nothing will be fixed. Ford needs a TSB, then I will invest my time and take it in to be fixed.
  22. B

Tin Roof Rain noise.

I paid almost $50K for my Limited, if Ford wants to play in the luxury vehicle market they need to get there act together and address these issues quickly and appropriately.
  23. B

Tin Roof Rain noise.

Mine was build in early May and it has the problem. It must have been very late 2011.
  24. B

What do you tow with your 5th gen. Explorer?

The explorer certain has auto leveling HID and for that matter every HID I have seen in any manufactures spec have listed "auto leveling HID".
  25. B

It is a styling cue and it actually it is an additional manufacturing cost.
Back