Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

remanufactured engine?

Just want to point out the obvious here, the damaged ST is in the Phillipines? If that's the case, I don't know if that's a fair price or not. I've never had to ship an engine overseas, I imagine it's fairly expensive. Best bet is a local junkyard. Short of that, new cylinder heads are MUCH...
  2. T

Ford Explorer Sport Trac Bed Trailer Steal of a deal !!!

I was looking at an expedition trailer build and figured a Mazda bed is a better fit. Same width, six foot (roughly) long and they have the slight flair in the bedside. I looked at stepside ranger beds, but they don't handle 4x8 sheets flat between the sides, the Mazda would (albeit above the...
  3. T

Potential NEWB question

This site has the ultimate discussion of list options for your ST. Read the threads here, then do a Torsion Twist, Add a Leaf and Body Lift. Trim your cladding to fit 35s. Or, swap in a solid front axle and do a spring over axle conversion in the rear.
  4. T

modifying fender flares to fit?

Many of the online catalogs show the Bushwacker flares as "call for availability." I believe that Bushwacker has stopped producing these, so they are likely not available. You can always call/email the vendor to confirm it they can get it. We are now 8 years out of production for the Gen 1...
  5. T

What size trailer can an ST handle?

Every year I pull a 6x12 H&H single axle enclosed loaded with tables, chairs, grills etc for two weeks. (I rent it from Snappy's on NE 14th in Des Moines). No problems. I have the factory tow (trans cooler) package. What I load in there is roughly the same as a couple ATVs and camping...
  6. T

Good day spotting Sport Tracs!

429CJ--West Des Moines resident here. If you see a silver '03 with a Yakima fairing and bars, that's me. Toot your horn! Bryan
  7. T

need help to lift my truck

Robert, There is a sticky thread that discusses the lift options at length. There is another sticky that shows photos of everyone who has lifted their truck. The information is at your fingertips and has been covered dozens of times. Read the threads, they answer just about every question...
  8. T

Good or bad buy?

Hard to say. Are you looking to make the repairs yourself or pay someone to do it? What's the mileage? Shape of body/interior? Does the transmission shift firmly? The price would be right for me.
  9. T

bull bar help

Buy a stainless steel bar, mask off the skid plate and paint the tubing. My .02.
  10. T

Lift Options?

I'm pretty sure the consensus is that keys aren't necessary. Simply adjusting the bolts will gain you 2" front lift on a 4WD. Keys or torsion twist (TT) both load the torsion bars, affecting ride quality. The increased tire sidewall height and tread width seems to offset some of that...
  11. T

own a sport trac in New york ? read on...

There are only 16 states that don't require front and rear plates. It's far from a NY issue alone. http://www.mrtraffic.com/frontplate.htm
  12. T

Need Custom Head Light Advise

Check out: http://anzousa.com/ They make black fronts and rears for the Sport Trac. DOT legal.
  13. T

Napa shocks for rwd ATTN:Rebel

A quick internet search turned up a competing story. These could be monro-matics and not sensa-tracs. If possible, check out the shock at your NAPA store and see what number is stamped in the body of the shock. If the stamped number starts 32XXX it's a monro-matic. If it starts 37XXX it's a...
  14. T

Best front Brake Pads?

+1 on the Performance Friction pads. They are carbon-metallic, eco friendly, USA made and work awesome...
  15. T

Very loud squeaking

Okay...don't jump all over me on this one... Had a back end rattle I couldn't find. Had the bed cover off to get a rear end for the cougar project. Leaned against tailgate and there it was. Sprayed the hinges and latches with silicon lube and the squeak went away. Good luck with yours...
  16. T

Kurtz Kustomz

If you could still buy the Explorer Express supercharger kit, I'd tell you to grab one. It puts the fun back in my toy...and makes trailer towing a breeze... (and no, mine's not for sale...lol)
  17. T

Beginning to Shop...01-05, what to look for?

There are more on craigslist des moines than just those. Des Moines resident here, pm me if you need help finding one.
  18. T

Ford Adrenalin concept truck!?!?!?!?

Another point to remember: Concept vehicles are free from meeting federal safety and crash standards. Surely a winch in the front would void some NTSB regulation or hurt crash test ratings and thereby be dropped. If we kept Washington out of it, we could have more of the vehicles we really want!
  19. T

Someone's selling this beast

No problems other than replacing extra idler pulleys, lol. It's an explorer express kit that was installed by the previous owner. 5lbs of boost, anymore would be trouble for the stock bottom end. The extra power is great when needed. I surprise quite a few people! Bryan
  20. T

Someone's selling this beast

That's now the 2nd supercharged gen1 I've seen... My own being the first:D
  21. T

brake rotors

"also i heard that some of the STs already have the 11.25" rotors ? how would u tell if it does or not?" Not to sound condescending, but... Remove the wheel and measure the diameter of the rotor.
  22. T

2002 Sport Trac Transmission Service question

A standard service (drop the pan, change filter, refill) doesn't replace all the fluid. The fluid in the torque converter will be untouched. The flush and refill (when done correctly) should make sure all the old fluid is removed and replaced. I'd suspect you're do for a flush and refill...
  23. T

lift spindles

Those will work on a 2WD if you change the brake rotors as well. This is all discussed in lift option sticky thread above.
  24. T

Sport Trac ABS theories & myths

The rear wheel ABS sensor is integral to the electronic controls shifting the transmission properly. Driving in the wrong gear will adversely impact fuel mileage. Therefore, a faulty sensor can result in poor fuel mileage. Plus, good rule of thumb...if it's broken, fix it. The danger of...
  25. T

Travel Trailer Wiring on 2005 Sport Trac

I don't believe Gen 1 ('01-'05) had an option for a 7 Pin RV connector. You'll need to add a brake controller and wire that to a new connector for the trailer. You can tap signal and tail lights from the 4 wire, but you'll need power and brake controller feeds as well. If you're buying the...
Back