Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

How to: 2002 Explorer rear wheel bearing replacement (pictures)

I was active on this forum way back in the day when I had 97 mountaineer. I recently acquired an 02 explorer and thought I was good with it. It had 138,000on it. about a week after I got it (This past Sunday), I was on my way home from a trip to Delaware when I started hearing noises from the...
  2. E

AWD V8 front axle seal replacement HELP!!

I had to replace a front axle seal also and did it with the do it yourself plumbing parts from home depot. like 12 bucks all together.
  3. E

whirling noise from drivers front wheel

It could be a front wheel/hub bearing...I had one making noise at low speeds and continued at high speeds. I wasn't sure where the problem was and figured I would fix the problem until it broke because then I would know exactly what I had to fix. Well the bearing the bearing shredded on my way...
  4. E

Need Help Asap...Front Diff/Axle Oil Seal Leak

Unfortunately I don't have any links for picks, but I do have strobes also...4 in the front and 4 in the rear as well as a siren(no permit). I didn't notice any vibrations on my way to work and back...even at 110 mph running with a mustang and a neon.
  5. E

Which side are you doing? When i got a new shaft for the right side, it came with a new nut. I never bothered with the clip. You shoud be able to it in an hour. Tips.... Axle Nut... 32mm Axle socket Brake Caliper Bolts...1/2 in Socket Caliper Rail Bolts ...15mm socket Hub...
  6. E

I replaced the front differential seal for the right axle the other day, after realizing fluid loss and virbrations from front end when driving on the highway. I began getting those vibrations again and notice that fluid was dripping from the new seal but where the right cv joint goes into...
  7. E

FMS 5.0L Header install ?

OK, I installed them last saturday. It the hardest part was getting the drivers side out without disconnecting the fuel lines. Installation instructions do come with them. The only problem I had was I misread the instuctions and took the oil dipstick tube out instead of bending it a...
  8. E

replace front wheel bearings on a 97 ?

I had my right front hub bearing go one me while starting a road trip... dam near lost the whole wheel. I was lucky enought to find a junkyard near where I had broke down and bought a used one for about $125. So iif your looking to replace for a quick sale check some "Auto Recycling" centers...
  9. E

FMS 5.0L Header install ?

Has anyone personally installed the FMS headers? If so, did you follow the instructions to the T? if not what parts did you skip and how easy or hard was it to install? P.s., I just got mine today from for 179.. part # FMS- M-9430-E50
  10. E

Elite Explorer Member

Why thank you Char. This is an excellent site full of wonderful people, info, and unique EXplorers.
  11. E

Elite Explorer Member

Thanks Tom.
  12. E

Elite Explorer Member

Hi all, I am proud to say that I am an ELITE EXPLORER!!! :)
  13. E

96 Explorer Before & After

Hey Section, Nice lookin truck. Heres my Mounty with 31 BFG's Torsion Adjust, and Shackles [Edited by EMStaxi on 02-12-2001 at 11:14 PM]
  14. E

97 Mountaineer Before & After

I take mine off road when I can. I love it. The only thing that gets me through is the BFG's. The first time, I got stuck alot of places with the firestones. Darkfox1, I Stay away from trees and things like that. The shackles dont flatten the springs but just move them forward.
  15. E

97 Mountaineer Before & After

Before After I'm not done yet :) [Edited by EMStaxi on 02-12-2001 at 02:20 PM]
  16. E

Sport Trac

Sdenver, just out of curiosity and not to be nosy, what did you pay for your sport trac? i'm considering trading in my mountaineer for a sport trac. I can probably get one for about 22 or 23k
  17. E

U-Bolt Length after add-a-leaf?

I have a 97 V8 and had no problems with the add-a-leafs. You will have more than enough thread left over once the add-a-leafs are installed.
  18. E

Two-for-One

HEY TOM........AHHHHHH Memories...:) I hope that they will get something going soon. I'm getting bored with cold weather. Maybe if I had a locker in the back I could have made it all the way up. Atleast it was a valiant effort. :)
  19. E

Two-for-One

Yes that was Tank, and Tom yes that was at Pendell. I believe he's still around. I'm itchin for another run but no one has posted anything and i'm not familiar with that area at all.
  20. E

rear sway, side shock support with lift?

From what i was told, the shocks (should be kinda diagnolly) are there for vibration at high speeds. The older explorers suffered from some type of shimmying on the highway and ford corrected that in the 95+. As for the lift, I did the shackles first and got a slight lift. Then I did the...
  21. E

2001 Sport 3" Body lift install

VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY NICE!!!!! Now thats with 31's right?
  22. E

Removing Corner Lenses

Open the flaps that give you access to the headlight bulbs. You sould she two tabs that look like they are located at the back of the corner lamps(on top) there are two screws to unloosen. After that all you have to do is pull the corner lense assembly straight out. May be difficult. Just...
  23. E

Vibration after Torsion Bar Twist

I have done the torsion bar twist and haven't gone to get the alignment yet. I get vibrationfrom the front end at higher speeds(85-90 mph). It was worse till I readjusted the bars. It seemed like with the highway dips and the height of the bars caused the cv joints to hit the maximum angles...
  24. E

2001 Sport 3" Body lift install

What body lift did you get? what brand? what bumper brackets?
  25. E

Going all the way with 35's

In the picture above...What type of lift is it? Shackles...T twist...Add-leafs...Body....What size tires are those? The truck looks nice.
Back