Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

Hey Wildcat, I'd keep the Hankook tires until they are ready to be replaced. Why spend the money on new tires when your factory tires are new and under warranty?
  2. S

2011 Limited Trade-In Value

Try Carmax, they usually offer more than the dealers.
  3. S

Cool Video - Assembly Line

This is a cool video. I had linked this video before on this blog: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319346 Check out the robot video, I'm sure production at this plant has significantly increased since December.
  4. S

Am i the only person that has no problems with mft?

About 45% of American voters disapprove of the president, 50% of American workers are unsatisified with their jobs, and 50% of marriages end up in divorce in the US. So 27% dissatification of MFT is really not that bad here in America. LOL I have to admit, I have had some issues with the...
  5. S

Download Your Window Sticker for Free!

Oh, I thought I stumbled on something new. LOL I didn't read the February posts, as I joined in June. I'm glad that we can get our window sticker this way.
  6. S

Download Your Window Sticker for Free!

If you don't have your Ford 2011 Explorer window sticker but want it, don't worry. You can download your window sticker in PDF format to print a duplicate or save on your computer. Just copy and paste this http address and insert your VIN after the "vin=", and press enter. Your window sticker...
  7. S

2011 or 2012 explorer

You'll probably get a 2012, but they are still making 2011s. Check out this window sticker, this '11 Explorer is scheduled to be built on 7/13. It looks like Ford will make nearly 100,000 Explorers for 2011...
  8. S

How old are the 2011 owners?

Will the Police Explorers have a V8 engine?
  9. S

Moonroof and ability to resell

This was an option I contemplated as well. In the end, I went for it. I also went with the 301A package because I don't need the Parallel Park Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control, but I did include BLIS which I highly recommend. As for the moonroof, it was because I have an 18 month old...
  10. S

Would you purchase a 2011 Explorer again?

Yes. If I were to go back in time to March 9, I would place the same order I did. I'm pretty happy with my 2011 Explorer. My only issue with the vehicle is the streaky windows, everything else works fine.
  11. S

Happy Owner

Congrats Andy!!! Welcome to the club.
  12. S

Why I didn't buy my Explorer today

Davis, you did the right thing. I ordered my 2011 explorer, and luckly it was not damaged in transit. Because the salesman tried to sell you a damaged vehicle, I would have taken my business elsewhere. The good thing is that you now have an order for a 2012. :exp: Thanks for sharing this...
  13. S

AC Turns On With Vehicle Start

My AC turns on when I start the engine frequently, even though I never have the AC on when I turn off. Its done it several times, so I want to know if other people have experienced this? I think it is a glitch with MFT, I have version 2.8.
  14. S

Ugly Carpet Seam under Driver/Passenger Seats

Yes, I saw that the other day. It really isn't that noticeable, not that many people look under the seat. But I do agree that it does look ugly. It appears that the carpet has a thick padding, which make is look ugly when it overlaps under the seats.
  15. S

Wood grain steering wheel

My wife forced me to buy this wheel cover from Target, it looks okay. Or you can can try the slip on wood sleeves they sell on eBay that I think look funky.
  16. S

2013 SVT Supercharged V8 Explorer?

I know that 3,000 SRT8s a year that Jeep sells doesn't sound much of a market, but it still makes them money and boosts their corporate image. I still think Ford should do it even if they only make 3,000 Explorers. I wouldn't have recommended it if the Explorer was not popular, the Sport...
  17. S

You are right that Ford is no BMW, but SVT vehicles are high performance vehicles and limited edition collectors items. They could easily sell 5,000 SVT Explorers at $60k to $70k, just because there are plenty of SVT fans. And if they were to make an SVT Explorer, it would kick the BMW's X5 ass...
  18. S

I'm wondering if Ford will release an SVT Explorer since its had a pretty good launch with the 2011 model. Jeep revealed their 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 a couple of months ago, I hope Ford will try to compete against it in 2013. If SVT were to make a sporty supercharged Explorer, would you be...
  19. S

poll

I have chrome bumper inserts on my Mustang, but I don't think letter inserts or paint would look good on the explorer. I suggest to keep it stock, the more chrome showing the better.
  20. S

Streaky Windows

I think every 2011 Explorer has this problem. I going to wait until there is a permanent fix for this before I take it in to the dealer. I do have a good way of cleaning the windows. Spray some "Goo Gone" spray gel on a damp towel and clean window inside and out, then dry off with a...
  21. S

Front recovery hooks for 4WD / Plastic Bumper Cap

I thought this question would be resolved quickly, but I'm getting a variety of answers. LOL So confused...
  22. S

Front recovery hooks for 4WD / Plastic Bumper Cap

What is the Plastic Cap on Front Bumper? Does anyone know what this cap on the front bumper is for? I'm tempted to open it to see inside, but I don't want to screw anything up. LOL
  23. S

Onfair DVD install opinions... (bad)

I hope this might be a solution for those who don't want to replace their factory headrests. I purchased the Philips PD9012 portable DVD player, which comes with two 9" screens if you want one on each side. I only put one up on long drives when I know my daughter is going to get bored. It...
  24. S

Ford's new robots used on the 2011 explorer?

The video is referring to the 2011 Ford Explorer, not 2012. Here is another video about the Chicago Assembly Plant that you may enjoy. http://www.nbcchicago.com/the-scene/cars/Good_Question__How_Long_Does_It_Take_to_Build_a_Car__Chicago-111263879.html
Back