Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Terrain Management / AdvanceTrac System Errors

I had a very similar issue with the traction control system faulting right when i picked up the car from purchase. My dealer found the issue and it was some faulty module in the steering column that was a part of the processing unit for all the traction control systems. They replaced the...
  2. T

2011 Explorer with braking system problem

Dealer fixed the problem. It had a faulty sensor module in the traction control system processor or whatever in the steering column. They replaced the whole unit and works great now. This was the first time our dealer has seen it and they documented the fix.
  3. T

Started the car up and the "front collision system" and traction controlled faulted and turned off. Now both the Traction lights are on all the time. At least the dealer will have something to see and probably some codes to read. I ran a health check and these errors came up: "TC, IVD...
  4. T

Simoniz worth it?

Would you even steer clear of extended warranty's with all the electronics the explorer's have in them now?
  5. T

Just made an appointment for friday, will let everyone know if they find something. The tech was very quick to wanna help since he saw I just got it off the lot yesterday which made me happy. Let's just hope it's something as simple as a sensor or fuse or something.
  6. T

Simoniz worth it?

I like the way they look and feel after a good wax, personally I hate doing it through, lol. But it intrigued me when they said you technically dont "need" to wax it with the Simoniz. But I really am not seeing that many good reviews on it.
  7. T

Simoniz worth it?

The dealer was asking if I wanted them to put Simoniz over the paint for added protection. What's the deal with it? Is it worth it or a ripoff?
  8. T

Yeah, hopefully. That would make sense if traction control is getting kicked off incorrectly.
  9. T

The only thing the manual said about the advancetrac is that it could make noises or something when it's doing a startup when the engine is turned on, but this occurrs while I'm driving. So it's either not stopping it's diagnostics after startup, or who knows.
  10. T

Starting to get worried.

Just fyi, most people are coming on to these forums BECAUSE they have a problem. I wouldn't be here most likely if I drove it off the lot without issue. So there are probably a ton of people without issues that you just don't hear from.
  11. T

Hi all, new here. Just picked up my 2011 Explorer Limited yesterday(I looooooove it btw) and as soon as I pulled it off the lot, I started getting this issue. I drove it all the way home because it only happened twice so I thought maybe it was a fluke, but it keeps happening. Every once...
Back