Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Lemon Laws

I pursued the lemon law in Tennessee and won. Ford bought it back from me. Life has returned to normal again. So glad to wash my hands of that experience.
  2. T

My Ford Touch

I had so many issues with mine even with the 2.11 in it that I pursued the Lemon Law and won, so Ford had to buy it back from me! I can't believe how many people will accept having to pull fuses, disconnect the battery, etc! I was not going to live with that.
  3. T

Goodbye Ford

I said goodbye to my 2011 explorer xlt 4x4 on November 4th! It was one of the best days of my life. I won my lemon law case and received a buy back check from Ford and handed the keys back to them on the 4th. The MFT disaster was too much for me to put up with anymore. I had...
  4. T

If not the Explorer, then what?

Jeep Grand Cherokee all the way. I have both now. The Jeep is amazing. We parked the explorer and have not driven it since getting the JGC. That says it all. Better fit and finish, better interior, better power, better 4x4, infotainment technology that works, much better handling as...
  5. T

Next major revision of MFT is April of 2012?

Two words for you people LEMON LAW! It can't be fixed! I am not going to wait months and months for this to be resolved. I'm tired of not being able to use the NAV, RADIO, and CLIMATE systems as designed on a $42,000 vehicle. I go to arbitration next week in my Lemon law case.
  6. T

Loganfilm - How did the appointment with the Ford Tech go?

Loganfilm, You are a better man than I am. The lemon law process has been started on mine. Waiting to hear from Ford now. My MFT system still screws up all the time and they have had it 5X and for 33 days. I have had new hardware and 3 versions of the software installed and problems...
  7. T

Problems with SYNC.

I was told by a Ford Engineer who looked at my vehicle last week that Ford CANNOT fix these issues right now. THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW! The engineer said that right now ALL Explorers on the road could experience the screen going blank and other glitches and that there was nothing he could do...
  8. T

My Explorer Problems

Exactly. Mine are on separate Service orders, except I had to go up there 3 times on one of the service orders before it worked decent enough to drive off the lot. It have had it up there 5 distinct times now and have 5 separate service orders, even though I have been up there 7 times...
  9. T

My Explorer Problems

I have started the Lemon law process on mine. You have to send a letter to Ford via certified mail. There are instructions on where to send it in the owner's manual. Then you have to go through the BBB Autoline service. You apply online and they will send you a packet of information that...
  10. T

Black screen on 2011 Ford Explorer.

Mine is at the dealer for the 7th time for similar issues. They have had it for a total of 31 days. Lemon Law process started. Rental car place at the dealership has had 4 Explorers and all 4 have had the screens go out. Rental car rep told me that the MFT issues have been driving the...
  11. T

How to put MFT - MyFord Touch into diagnostics mode

Why in the world would you do that? As much trouble as mine has been and as many strange things as it still does, that may make my vehicle self destruct or something.
  12. T

MFT version 2.11

I guess I should not listen to Sirius radio or try to use the factory navigation system either. MINE CRASHES WITH NO PHONE OR NO USB DEVICE CONNECTED! I guess climate controls and phone connectivity are just conveniences. The organic failure here resides in Michigan.
  13. T

MFT version 2.11

Funny that you mention a letter writing campaign. I just finished typing a formal letter notifying Ford of a non-conformity with my vehicle in need of repair. The letter will be sent via certified mail and is a formality required by the Tennessee state lemon law. I am setting the ball in...
  14. T

MFT version 2.11

What can we do ladies and gentlemen? What recourse do we have? I have been told by Ford customer service that it was normal for the system to crash and reboot. ARE YOU KIDDING ME, FORD!!!! Is it time to pursue legal action? Again, mine has been to the dealer 6 times, had new hardware...
  15. T

MFT Updates?! Happens every 30 mins

Mine still crashes and I get that screen with version 2.11. I did not have a USB device paired to the systam and I did not have a phone paired either. Mine probably crashes due to the navigation system locking up all the time.
  16. T

How is the New 2.11 working?

The issue has been escalated for about a month now. I have contacted Cory and Rebecca. I am in contact withe the Customer Service Manager for the Southeast, Jody. A Ford engineer was scheduled to look at my vehicle on Monday, July 18th and I was told to have it up there that morning. I...
  17. T

How is the New 2.11 working?

It does not work for mine. My nav system still crashes when weather radar loads. I still get the "Performing Scheduled System Maintenance" screens. That makes a new APIM, and 3 versions of software 2.4, 2.8, and now 2.11 and it STILL does not work properly. We had those issues the...
  18. T

What improvements came with V2.11?

Not to rain on the version 2.11 party, but it was installed in my Explorer today and the nav system still crashes when the Sirius Travel Link weather radar tries to load. I also still had to deal with the "Performing Scheduled System Maintenance" screen. We only drove it about 30 minutes and...
  19. T

quality inspection issue?

They are trying to figure out how to fix all the MFT quality issues! LOL I wish mine was still on that lot.
  20. T

Another MFT/SYNC crash...

Replacing the APIM did NOT fix the issues with MFT on my explorer. I DO NOT have a phone paired with it, so that has nothing to do with my issues. My wife is scared to press anything on the MFT system short of the basic necessities out of fear it will lock up like it has time and time...
  21. T

My MFT system has issues and I do not even have a phone paired to it. I assume some of the other guy's issues could be related to their phones, but I am certain it is NOT the root of my issues. Our system still freezes and the radio just goes wacky all the time. We can be listening to...
  22. T

Loganfilm: Replacing the APIM.... DID NOT FIX MINE! :mad: Hope changing it works better for you than it did for me. I appreciate you keeping this in the open, so hopefully those of us with these issues can get this resolved. No amount of "hell raising" at the dealer can get it...
  23. T

Dealer "info" on MyFord Touch

I have heard something similar to that from customer service. As of yesterday, 6-15-11, there is no expected release date for the software either as they "want to make sure it works"..... something they should have done BEFORE they unleashed it on us in the first place.
  24. T

System finally crashed...hard...

I do not have a phone paired to the system.
  25. T

System finally crashed...hard...

Just went on a short trip to town with the family. MFT system completely froze up again, as in NOTHING works on it. When we got home and exited the vehicle, the MFT screen and the radio STAYED ON even though we had the keys out of the ignition and had opened and shut the doors. We could NOT...
Back