Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Nav system problems

OK...after trying to download the latest MFT update about 15 times, it finally reported the download was successful. Installing the update fixed all the problems I mentioned in my original post, so now at least things are better until we receive the major performance upgrade which is supposedly...
  2. L

Nav system problems

Thanks, Flying68. I had already registered my Explorer in SyncMyRide and I went up and for the first time realized I had to manually do the SYNC update. I hadn't ever done one, so obviously it said I needed to download the latest version. Problem is I can't download the update to any USB...
  3. L

Nav system problems

How can I tell what version of MFT I'm using? I know the system has done several automatic Microsoft SYNC updates since I've purchased the vehicle and I've never interfered with them. Hopefully, the MFT update mentioned by a previous poster will fix some of this. If I have to turn off...
  4. L

Windshield & wipers

@peterk9: I asked the dealership about any way to adjust the wiper arm pressure and was told it's fixed. I know Ford doesn't want RainX (the liquid product) on their SoundScreen windshields, but RainX has a couple of high-end wiper blades that will fit and that's what I'm thinking about...
  5. L

Nav system problems

If there's one thing that will eventually force me to trade in my 2011 Explorer, it's the issues I have with the navigation system. I wonder if I'm alone with these problems? - Takes about 3-5 minutes after starting up to ever display the map. Can't make a call with my connected phone...
  6. L

Windshield & wipers

When I took delivery on my 2011 Explorer there was a scratch on the windshield, so they replaced it with a genuine SoundScreen windshield, exactly like the damaged one. Since then, I have two problems, both which the dealership can't fix and both on which they've given up. I'm wondering if...
  7. L

Adding destinations from a computer

That thread pretty much tells me I can't do it :-( Really a bummer considering all the other technology in this Nav system.
  8. L

Adding destinations from a computer

Maybe I'm just missing it because my Explorer is so new, but I don't see any way to add in all the places ahead of time (from my computer) for a trip we're taking in a few days. I'd like to put in several addresses in several different cities across the U.S. so I don't have to manually add them...
  9. L

Squeaking / Squealing Brakes

Just another confirmation of yet someone else with this same issue. Add that to the fact the dealer had to replace my defective windshield and now the right pillar rattles all the time and I have fluttering/flapping at the air noise at the same place at 70+ ...and the Ford Sync system is...
  10. L

Wood grain steering wheel

I would have the Lincoln emblem on the wheel instead of the Ford. Don't want that.
  11. L

Removing Warning Stickers From Visors

Thanks for the tip, but I'm not spraying paint inside a new $44k vehicle...I'll just live with the stickers I guess. Mine feel like they can be pulled off, but I'm afraid to try in case a corner get mangled and then I'd be even madder than I am about them not letting it be "my" decision to...
  12. L

Remove Front License Plate Bracket

Easy to remove...I just removed mine today. Go to Home Depot (or similar) and buy a pair of "SMALL" flat nosed wire cutters. Not your normal wire cutters, but the kind that has a flat face perpendicular to the handles so you can open them slightly, then slide the edges around the two plastic...
  13. L

Removing Warning Stickers From Visors

Warning labels on visors OK...I've read the warning labels on both visors, but they're distracting to both me and my wife. No where do I see "do not remove" so does anyone know how to safely remove them? Thanks.
  14. L

Wood grain steering wheel

Anyone know if a wood grain steering wheel will ever be an optional accessory for the 2011 Explorer Limited?
  15. L

Nav screen grayed out and locked, displaying a green box

A master system reset fixed the problem. But if it continues to lock up every few days, there has to be a gremlin in there and we have to exorcise it <lol>.
  16. L

I'll go try to figure out if I also have V2.7, but no matter what I'll try a system reset and then try pulling the fuse. It figures...out of thousands of new Explorers I'd get the one with a unique problem :-)
  17. L

Not offhand. I recall checking for any updates when I bought it last week and it told me there were no updates available...so I guess I have the latest version. The vehicle was built in May and just delivered to the dealership a week ago.
  18. L

I have a 2011 Ford Explorer that's only a few days old. I've completely setup the SYNC and MyFord Touch system, paired my Android phone and all *was* working just fine until today. I entered a destination of a very prominent street address and the nav system told me that particular street number...
Back