Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

HID Xpert Q & A thread.

sorry for the delay in responding i wasn't subscribed to the thread for some odd reason. anyway, your stang uses a dual filament h13 bulb. we carry dual hid kits which are direct replacement and retain the hi/lo function. install is fairly simple, the kit includes a relay harness as well as...
  2. B

**NEW HID Vendor** Testers Wanted!

Sorry I answered this in a different thread I thought, I cannot confirm that it will not on the older models yet. The kits I have sold so far and done local are on the new style Explorer and I have had no issues. If someone wants to try a kit at a discounted rate to give some feedback and who...
  3. B

HID Xpert Q & A thread.

Sorry for the delay response, took an extended vacation :) all orders did ship last week! To answer your question I have not confirmed that yet on a 2006 the kits I have sold so far have been the new style explorer. No codes thrown on the new models, I would be happy to sell you a kit at a...
  4. B

Hey sorry for the delay response took an extended holiday vacation :) all orders did ship last week! The 55w HIDs run cooler than 55w stock halogen bulbs so we have not had any cases of people burning up housings. I will look into my stock and see if I have some H13s - I can get can...
  5. B

All weekend orders have shipped today, thanks guys!
  6. B

HID Xpert Q & A thread.

Thanks for the orders guys! Just did an F150 with our new harness the other night, took me 20 minutes! Pictures soon.
  7. B

Yea that is true, they are a newer product. Selling very well for trucks and SUV crowd right now.
  8. B

Sorry forgot to add that the ballasts are digital and the Prolumen 55w are actually AC kits which is newer technology and provides a much better light output and life on the bulb and kit.
  9. B

All good questions: - Kits draw 4 amps for 35w and 6 amps at start up for 55/70w kits perfectly normal and ducati runs the 55w kit perfectly - Prolumen makes makes most of my kits in their factory, if you run a search on Prolumen you will find great feedback. I also have some German made kits...
  10. B

HID Xpert Q & A thread.

Wish I could hear them in person, I knowing humming from HID kits is normal to an extent. Like our 55w kits are putting out some awesome power they hum but you wouldn't hear it in the car.
  11. B

HID Xpert Q & A thread.

Interesting, sometimes relays are not necessary and sometimes they are. If he wants to switch to a different kit I would be happy to help. Are the high beams working? They just hum loud?
  12. B

I can explain it to you here and shoot you a pm as well. Basically your truck uses a 9007 bulb for high/low which until recently was a PITA to install but we have some new harnesses coming in for 9007 applications for literally installs in minutes. Typical rule of thumb for HIDs is that a...
  13. B

I have gotten some questions about some more details on what the test entails. In a nutshell we want you to look for how fast the kits ship, ease of install, ease of fitment and overall happiness with the kit. Nothing too crazy!
  14. B

HID Xpert Q & A thread.

tonym - I have never heard of this happening in vehicles I have done or sold to previously. I know the 2011 has no issues since I just did a few of those. I will look into this and do some research. If you already have some threads on the forum you could point me to I will check those out as well.
  15. B

Good question, the bulbs will be the same size as other bulbs for installation purposes but there are more gases within the bulb to compensate for the extra wattage being used. You should not have to replace these within 3 months, then it would not justify you spending extra money on a kit when...
  16. B

Which HID kit for projectors?

I am with dreddog, don't use HID for high beams you rarely use the high beam as it is so I think its a waste of your dollars. I have never had any kit melt a housing yet, but most of the kits are for oem projector housings which are bigger in area to allow the bulb to breath if you will.
  17. B

HID Xpert Q & A thread.

Haha I mean I could send you one out like that, 50% off! JK :)
  18. B

HID Xpert Q & A thread.

That would be hilarious, maybe I will give that a try sometime.
  19. B

HID Xpert Q & A thread.

Yes sir! We offer a one year warranty on all kits that includes bulb, ballast and ignitors. Before anything leaves the warehouse it is tested, EVERYTHING so you should never ever receive something that is not in working condition. Things things are put the to the test, we have dipped ballasts...
  20. B

A few kits sold, still need some willing testers to do the write-up and pics. Thanks for the orders so far!
  21. B

Which HID kit for projectors?

I have some options for you, I have the 55w kit on my personal Ducati which is a projector and no issues whatsoever. In fact the Prolumen 55w HID runs cooler than 55w halogen bulbs! I am also looking for people to to do install and writeups of the kits I sell at a discounted rate for their...
  22. B

HID Xpert Q & A thread.

Hey good point, should add to my thread YES these kits are plug and play and come with the bulb, ballast and ignitor everything you need to make a lot more light and get the color you want.
  23. B

2013 SVT Supercharged V8 Explorer?

I think that would be an awesome idea. Sales for the Explorer are out the roof. I know dealerships here in Orlando area sold out already, I can imagine an SVT edition should draw a crowd!
  24. B

Halogen to HID/HIR Headlight Upgrade

Ive sold a few 2011 Explorer low beam and fog beam kits locally - I will try to get those guys to provide some feedback and pics to add to your thread.
Back