Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

2016 Ford Nationals Carlisle, PA / EF 20th anniversary get together

Alright guys, less then 1 week left, who's all gonna be there? This thread is been way to quiet. We're traveling up from Pittsburgh Monday with the camper in toe. When is everyone else arriving?
  2. F

95 to 97 Torsion Bar Keyways

Thats what I was thinking, :( poor girl needs some TLC upfront, lol.
  3. F

Sorry posted from iPhone, pic is upside down for some reason.
  4. F

All, I was wondering if anyone has been able to find a source for the 95 to 97 keyways? So far after extensive searching online and going to local dealer, I have come up with nothing. Just to refresh wveryone, these are the ones that have the Kevlar patch bonded to the keyway itself. I...
  5. F

Oh no Rick, that's sad to hear! Hope all is well! We will have a beer for you guys.
  6. F

We will be there as well, also hitting up the campground unless something changes. Should be a good time, we should probably look into the requirements for a Serious Explorations tent like they setup last year. Rumor has it, its based on the number of pre-registered rigs for AFN, more then...
  7. F

OBDLink MX, PLX KiWi 2 or UltraGuage

FYI, https://www.automatic.com v2 of the OBD device just came out now supports DashCommand which is really good software, have the older version of it for my PC and a elmscan5. If your just looking for simple diagnostics and monitoring out the ying yang, you can hit up a...
  8. F

EF 20th Anniversary Events - Planning for 2016!!!

Glad to hear you got a spot. We will also probably be making our reservation here soon once we figure out whats going on for next year. She state they were already getting full for next year already??? Normally you have till November before they start getting a little tight. :thumbsup:
  9. F

EF 20th Anniversary Events - Planning for 2016!!!

http://westernvillagervpark.com Its a great place and were actually planning on making a return next year since I have recently put "BigRed" back on the road. They have plenty of space, if you call early enough, ask them for a spot with trailer parking they can accommodate. Some spots...
  10. F

All Ford Nationals @ Carlisle, PA, Jun 5-7, 2015

Figured I would give the thread a bump, just picked up a hotel room for the family and I. Anyone else getting ready for some much needed warmer weather?
  11. F

2014 Carlisle All Ford Nationals!

I will be attending this year, should be up the week of, leaving tomorrow with camper in tow. No Edge this year, just walking in this year so I will make sure we swing up to see who all is on site. Tim, message me, we're at the same place last year if board.
  12. F

12V USB Charging Ports

Did something similar on my 2nd Gen, except I opted for an extra 12v accessory port. Installed pic below, love it. IMG_0913 by adfricke86, on Flickr Walmart special, lol. IMG_0909 by adfricke86, on Flickr
  13. F

Cracked Windshield - Safelite?

Had safelite install my windshield on my 97 Explorer about 5 years ago now. They installed their "diamond glass" series and has a lifetime warranty to never crack. 3 months after I had it installed a bus threw a chunk of blacktop at the windshield and it hit so hard it bent the wiper and just...
  14. F

metal thermostat housing soon available for v6 2005+ engine

Orney, That one is defiantly better as I have it installed currently. They eliminate the common failure point of the multiple layers of plastic coming un-glued by running a bolt through two of the 3 bolt holes and when tightened it compresses two bolt locations instead of pulling up on the...
  15. F

water where water shouldnt be!

pault63, I am sure thats what it is. Same exact thing happen to me actually right around the time I got the trans rebuilt, freaked out and took it back to them, they discovered it was coolant mixing with puddled ATF fluid from the swap. I looked into it further and lower thermo housing had...
  16. F

metal thermostat housing soon available for v6 2005+ engine

Wow, very interested in the dual sensor screw in type!!! If I have to modify, don't care, my third housing has just started to let go again. Will be watching, eager to throw money at this brilliant idea to actually use a material that isn't plastic.
  17. F

can lucas transmission fix fix my flashing od lamp?

I am surprised none of the big trans guys have chimed in yet but it could be a solenoid going bad. I believe one of them controls when the TC locks up. My only problem with my theory of it might being the TC Solenoid is, I believe the trans will throw a code if it its outside parameters. Link...
  18. F

Questions on 4.0 vs 5.0 and tow package

Tow package was a vehicle specific item, it honestly changed depending on what the setup was. Across the board it gave you a trans cooler and beefier wiring for the turn signals and brake lights. When I mean beefier, it was basically a step up in gauge in the body harness and a 15amp fuse...
  19. F

Intake Mod With AirAid Intake

Cool info, what app and scanner is this? Also, where you moving when you took this screenshot? If so, I would wonder how much she helps during start and stop traffic. Thats really when I see my IAT go through the roof.
  20. F

Central PA Day of Wheeling July 13th

You can just subscribe to my channel as I will be posting all of them up eventually. Also, tagging them Doe Valley so they are searchable. I just threw that one and the Yota up for sh*ts and gigles. I also didn't realize I kept rolling after Todd went up and you were right after, so that...
  21. F

towing

What determines hauling capacity is Engine output, gearing in both transmission and axles. Larger gearing more pulling capacity hence larger payloads can be pulled safer. All this is generally taken into account along with how the vehicle preforms under braking and emergency maneuvers. Not...
  22. F

Pittsburgh Meet

I shall be on the trail ride, see everyone thats attending Saturday!
  23. F

Brand new pinion seal leaking worse, why!?

Thanks bandit for the info. Will need to go over everything again when I tear it down. Thought I did just about all of those steps but who knows until i tear into it.
Back