Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

Driver's Side Door Removal

Thanks for the tips, but I didn't check here until it was too late :confused: This was my problem all along. There were some wires that I could not find disconnect points for on the door. My initial plan of attack was to do this, but I would have still have to cut one or two wires I...
  2. V

Ha it's pretty embarrasing. The battery died the other day, and while I was pushing out of the garage I sliipped and the truck started roll, catching the god**** door on the side of the garage door.:fire: It bent the door to the point I can't close it. Stupidest thing I've done in a while...
  3. V

Come on guys, has no one done this?
  4. V

Bump
  5. V

I searched but could not find a clear answer. I need to take my driver's side front door off, and I've found some of the the connectors to unplug, but there are quite a few wires that go into the body and I cannot find connectors to unplug them to remove the door. Are they all inside the door...
  6. V

93 surges and dies

My 93 had a similar problem late last summer.... it didn't stall all the time, but the idle would surge and drop randomly, especially after driving around for a while. Tried it the TPS at first; when that didn't work I checked the fuel pressure. The pressure was low(but not real low) at idle...
  7. V

Radio; how to get it out of First Gen

There should be two holes on each side of the radio. You can get a U shaped removal tool at wal-mart. You use it to compress the springs on the radio chasis trhough those holes, and pull the radio out. You shouldn't have to remove the dash. The tool is less than $10. Or, if you're cheap like...
  8. V

High idle woes

Just fixed this.... Maybe this won't apply to your engine, but I had the exacty same problem with my 93 for a few weeks. As time progressed, I also started having problems with warm startups..... I had to crank it for 5 or 6 seconds and push on the gas to get it to start. I never got a CEL...
  9. V

Anyone have pics of the radius arm & bushings?

Yep, that's what I was thinking of. Don't feel bad mine's falling apart too.... I've got to do tie rods, ball joints, u-joints, manifold gaskets, and oxy sensors. At least that's all I've found so far.... :rolleyes: later brian
  10. V

Anyone have pics of the radius arm & bushings?

If you have a 99, you don't have radius arms. I think the later models had a problem with the torsion bar making a clanking noise, but I have a 93 so someone else had better answer.... later brian
  11. V

Sudden High Idle

After driving around this weekend, this is what I have found. The idle becomes wierd after running the engine for 10-15 minutes. Cold it seems to behave like it should. After 10-15 minutes it erratically bumps the idle up to 1.5 - 2K. Then sometimes it will normalize for a while, before...
  12. V

Remove radiator to replace water pump?

I had to take the radiator out to do mine. You'll need a fan wrench to get the fan off. I rented one from Autozone. later brian
  13. V

Sudden High Idle

The X gave me an unwelcome christmas present yesterday..... it started randomly kicking the idle high at stop lights and eventually got to where it pretty consistantly idles @ 1500 or so. So I looked for any loose vaccuum hoses, etc with no success. I reset the computer, and the first time I...
  14. V

Parts ques

I usually get parts from Autozone or Oreilly's. Autozone is usually cheaper, but O'reilly's has better parts in my experience. Avoid O'reilly's own brand replacement parts, which are usually their cheapest options. Ecspecially their brake pads. But they carry Moog, etc, which are good parts...
  15. V

pinging only in cold weather

My '93 pings especially bad in cold weather. I suspect a leaky intake manifold, but haven't had time to replace gaskets yet... later brian
  16. V

engine ticking noise

I think it has something to do with how restrictive the filter is. The "famous" oil filter study found the motorcraft filters to be essentially Puralotor Pure One filters in a different case. It also said that those filters are more "restrictive" and have a larger element than many other...
  17. V

help diagnosing cruise control

UPDATE FIXED You were right 410.... There is a plunger button that faces the floor under the dash. There is a plastic "shelf" thingy that is attached to the brake pedal that pushes the button in when the brake pedal is released. Mine was loose and not engaging the button all the way. So I...
  18. V

engine ticking noise

What kind of oil filter does it have? I had real bad ticking in my 93 with a fram filter that went away after switching to a plain jane motorcraft filter from wal-mart. Something cheap to try..... later brian
  19. V

Valves or lifters?

I had a constant ticking problem until last oil change. I ran half a can of seafoam in the crankcase for about 20 minutes, then changed the oil. I had been using mobil one 10w-30, but switched to 5w-30, and changed the oil filter with a plain motorcraft(had been using fram). Not sure exactly...
  20. V

SEA FOAM

I just removed the cap from one of the unused vacuum fittings on the tree and put a 1/4 inch piece of hose on it and attached the funnel to the other end... seemed to work well. later brian
  21. V

Need the bleed procedure

I just did this a few weeks ago, and here's what I remember: 1.Make sure you keep the fluid container full at all times, or you'll suck air back into the system. 2.Remove the cap from the clutch fluid res., as well as the rubber diaphram. Fill up with brake fluid from a new, unopened...
  22. V

Do all 1st Gen X's have axle pivot bushings?

I have a '93 2wd and trust me you have them, they're the pivot points for the TTB axle. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have the TTB axle you have pivot bushings. I probably should change mine but they look like a PITA. later brian
  23. V

ed d - the only thing on mine like that is a blue and white dealy that is connected the the cc canister on one side, and to the vaccum hose to the plenum on the other. I didn't mess with it any, so I doubt that's the problem, but I'll check it out anyway. 410- So there is another switch on...
  24. V

Thanks, I'll look into the "dump valve". I really feel like it has to be due to something I messed with since it worked fine before. I have verified vaccuum from the manifold to the servo. I guess a trip to the library is in order. Let me know if anyone thinks of anything else. brian
  25. V

BUMP No one knows anything about CC?
Back