Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

4r55e 2nd to 1st kickdown not working

Hey guys I have recently became the proud owner of a '95 explorer, 4.0 OHV 215,000 miles, 4r55e with a little less than 100k miles on the rebuild. If you've seen me in the 95-01 stock forum you'll know I've done a lot of work recently to the truck...the only parts you guys need to know...
  2. A

A true WTF moment this morning.

Is the RPMs rising with no "power" to the wheels? Once we get this info we can help you a whole lot more :)
  3. A

New Guy with a question!

So this story finally has an ending...2 nights ago I wanted to fix the trans leak, so i dropped the pan and replaced the gasket...However what i found when i dropped the pan started to worry me. The fluid looked a bit like a strawberry milkshake... I cleaned out the pan, put in the new gasket...
  4. A

Identical cold start everyday

Just to put an ending on this topic, I finally finished cutting the access hole, changed the fuel pump and.... She runs like a champ, ironically enough it now starts up immediately! and has more power (as much as possible for a 4.0 ohv)...Now I know the TPS was also bad and that could be...
  5. A

So turns out my meter was screwed up...my friend brought over his meter and i successfully tested 12v all the way back to the connector next to the gas tank. Looks like fuel pump is straight up dead.... Timeline: Truck starts acting up in hot temps: codes: 172, 176 Next day same thing...
  6. A

I have swapped relays with no different result so far. The CEL does come on with the key in the run position so i know the PCM is okay.
  7. A

I'm gonna assume you meant fuel pump instead of gauge. Well the other night i tried to start the truck and i got a new CEL, it was code 542. Open circuit, so since then the truck wont even start. I noticed you couldnt hear the fuel pump turn on, so now the only way the fuel pump will turn on is...
  8. A

So the saga continues... Last night I ran a jumper wire from the positive battery post to the PK/BK wire leading from the inertia switch to the fuel pump. The result was that the fuel pump started running! Now with the jumper out, I metered the DG/Y wire coming into the inertia switch, it...
  9. A

Thanks for the response DR, I've went through the engine about 5 times spraying it with carb cleaner, looking for a vacuum leak. However not once have I heard the idle change. How can i check to make sure the cat isn't clogged? Could I just hook my vacuum gauge to the brake booster line and...
  10. A

ranger, thank you for your advice. I've never tinkered with an EGR system before, but that thought of it malfunctioning has been in the back of my head. However last night, I might of got some good news (finally). The truck wouldn't even start last night and when i turned the key to run I...
  11. A

So it's been a tough time for me lately, due to the fact I just started a new job my $$ fund is not so hot and the fuel pressure tester is gonna have to wait till thursday. However here's an update of the problem...My friend thought it was the TPS (voltage readings were coming in a bit...
  12. A

Where is the fuel pump relay in a '95

Hey guys, I tried searching it but i couldn't find one exactly for '95 (and its wacky parts). Where can i find the fuel pump relay at? Is it under the Power Distribution Box?
  13. A

I just read the other posts you guys made as well and the fuel filter was changed about 2 months ago or 5,000 miles. I dont have access to a fuel pressure gauge, but I can try to get one tomorrow.
  14. A

well it looks like this has caused a whole new nightmare...today on the drive home from work, i was stuck in traffic for awhile. When i went to give it gas, it had no power and barely made it up this hill on the freeway at 40 mph, from there I made it to about 55mph but everytime i pressed the...
  15. A

I've got an interesting update, I noticed today that if i leave the key to on for about 10-15 seconds the truck starts up first time i try...wouldn't this mean that its not actually too rich starting, but actually not getting enough fuel pressure? My other question is...on a '95 OHV where is...
  16. A

New Guy with a question!

So, over my past 2 days off, I took off the TB, thoroughly cleaned the TB, replaced both gaskets (o-ring and base gasket), and also changed the oil. The truck seems to be running pretty strong, however...Now when I run the KOER test it's coming back with a '411' code (can't control the low speed...
  17. A

I just thought of something, should the ECT have a bit of its thread sticking out? I tightened pretty hard and I wonder if it's possible to bottom out on the water pump?
  18. A

Hmm, that's a good thought, but how would I go about testing and/or fixing this?
  19. A

I actually just replaced the IAC 3 days ago. I even took out the IAC today once i got home from work and cleaned it out (it still looked spotless, but i cleaned it anyway). I ran a KOEO/KOER test and KOEO came back with 111 while KOER came back with a 411 code. I also disconnected the IAC...
  20. A

Thanks, I'm going to pull the TB out tonight and really clean it. As well as clean the IAC to make sure nothing plugged it up. I noticed that the port pipe's vacuum hose is very tight, is that normal?
  21. A

Thanks, I'm going to pull the TB out tonight and really clean it. As well as clean the IAC to make sure nothing plugged it up. I noticed that the port pipe's vacuum hose is very tight, is that normal?
  22. A

No, I believe my gauge is fine, last night I replaced the ECT that the ECU uses. No change in the way the truck runs or it's operating temperature issue and it's actually running just a little bit rougher, but that could be because of the TB cleaning.
  23. A

Thanks for the reply 2000, I'll pull a spark plug tonight and see what kind of shape they're currently in (they were put in only 2 months ago). Once the truck starts and runs for about 10 seconds it runs well, but it never fully gets "warmed up." If its 105 degrees outside and the truck sits...
  24. A

New Guy with a question!

So tonight I found some more information out. My plan was to change the ECT since I knew it was either fan clutch or ECT, also the ECT was 10 bucks so i figured why not. Well to get to the ECT, I decided to pull the throttle body and see if it needed some cleaning as well. Warning: Pictures are...
  25. A

any ideas guys? anyone who's had similiar problems?
Back