Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

'02 ST Fog lights flaking out!

I had a hard time finding the 45a relay in the box, as the lid description and the actual relay layout was very different. So I turned on my lights and the foglights and began pulling each relay one at a time, to my dismay the foglights never turned off! So does anybody have any ideas now...
  2. G

OK, after some checking the only thing I could find through my owners manual/ fuse relay section, was only a fuse associated with the Fog Lights. Does anyone know if it also uses a relay in conjunction with the fuse? Kinda at a standstill, if no relay is used, would it be the switch on the dash...
  3. G

:DThanks, I'll check 'em all out!
  4. G

Hey guys! My 02ST fog lights have been acting very strange lately. I normally drive with them ON at night or in the early morning, and just the last few days they have been turning off and on by themselves. I noticed that the indicator light on the center dash also goes out when they turn off...
  5. G

P0171 & P0174 4.0L SOHC's Sport/Sport Trac

Had the code pop up last week on my '02, sure enought the elbow was cracked in two spots and spongey feeling! While I had it down I did the IAC and throttle body clean, purring great again :D Thanks for all the great info!!
  6. G

Performance upgrades and stock max tire size

Hey guys, I know this has been discussed many times, so I'll apologize in advance:( What are the simpler "first step upgrades" I could do to my '02 ST 4X4 (4.10 rear gears), and what is the maximum tire size I can install on the stock suspension/ wheels? I have read many many threads on this...
  7. G

2002 Sport Trac Transmission Service question

Well after the Scanguage II install, we headed to St. Louis! Running almost 3 hours solid, the hottest my tranny temp got was 150 F. Today I did a tranny flush (myself), after finding out my local dealer did not use a certified technician to do the work...I am VERY particular about the work done...
  8. G

Thanks for all the input guys, I really appreciate it! I think I'll do a filter replacement and flush. I know I'll replace the filter if I replace the fluid :D Getting ready to install Scanguage II with a tranny cooler and want to start out fresh ;)
  9. G

Hey everyone! I have a 02 Sport Trac 4X4 with 82K on it. I want to have the tranny serviced, but am not sure if I should have a standard service done (filter/ fluid) or a flush and service?? I am the second owner, and I don't think the tranny has ever been serviced...expert advice apreciated :D
  10. G

Towing opinions for 2002 Sport Trac

Sweet! Thanks a lot!
  11. G

Ok I have almost got everything done for the brake controller, would anyone know the wire color for the cold side of the brake switch on the truck?
  12. G

Would you happen to know what brand/ model trans cooler you used along with the factory one? BTW, what brand tranny temp guages has everyone been using for the ST? I have seen some pics on a pillar mount, does anyone have an install for this? I ordered a brake controller here...
  13. G

Thanks for everyones experience! I have been getting some specs on a 7X14 trailer, it has 200# tongue weight with dual axles and brakes. By everyones comments the 02 ST should do ok. I do have the 4.10 rear end and factory tranny cooler. Gonna go with the brake modulator that ncranchero...
  14. G

Thanks again ncranchero! You always have the answers when I need em! :D
  15. G

Hey everybody! First off I have to give a big "hats off" to everyone on the forum for your vast knowledge! With that said, I am looking for some really good opinions on towing; I plan on pulling a 7X14 Dual axle w/ brakes enclosed trailer with my 2002 ST. I already have a Class III hitch and...
  16. G

Enclosed Trailer size recommendation??

Thanks MidnightRebel07! I sent Todd Z a message over there to get some more details :D
  17. G

Yeh I had thought about getting a V-Nose 7X14 to aid in the wind issue, as I have had a couple flat-nosed enclosed trailers in the past (before the Trac) and figured the V-nose may help with that issue! Total load weight would be on the average 1000 lbs. What company/type tranny cooler have you...
  18. G

Hey everyone! I have a 2002 Sport Trac, V6 4X4 with 4.10 rear end gears (not sure if I have a tranny cooler). I am wanting to pull an enclosed trailer with it, but was a little "iffy" on the max length. Was thinking maybe a 6X12, or 7X14, what have you guys pulled?? Any opinions welcome...
  19. G

Heater not working??

I was really hoping that someone would have some basic info, etc on this issue?? Guess I'll just start at the switch, but am not sure how it operates the ventwork?? If ANYONE has any guess to where I should start, please let me know :)
  20. G

Heater not working??

Hey everyone! I have a 2002 Sport Trac 4X4, 4.0L and cannot get the heater to work! With it being so hot here in Indiana until recently, I had not had to use it, but I can crank the dial all the way to full heat and it does not change temp at all in the cab?? I have checked to make sure the...
  21. G

Replacing Front Axle Seals on '02 Sport Trac 4X4?

Thanks a lot for all the info, I really appreciate it :D
  22. G

Replacing Front Axle Seals on '02 Sport Trac 4X4?

Hey everyone! I'm new to the site, but I am a pround owner of a (new to me) '02 Sport Trac 4X4. The right front axle seal is leaking, and was wondering if anyone could give me a "How-To" on replacement. The right front axle has been replaced by previous owner, but I bet he didn't replace the...
Back