Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

Can I run a 255/65R18 on my XLT?

Thanks guys for all the info. I wasn't worried about going wider, I just happen to have a set of 255/65R18's that were like new and no use for them so I figured I would see if I could run them on my Explorer. However you guys just confirmed what I figured to begin with and that is not to run them.
  2. V

My wheels are 8" wide so fitting the 255 won't be an issue as far as width goes
  3. V

The difference between a 255/50R20 and a 255/65R18 is 1" in overall tire height. Not sure if that is enough to make a difference?
  4. V

I was wondering if anyone has run a 255/65R18 on the 5th Gen explorer? The stock tire size is 245/60R18 and is 29.6"diameter and the 255/65R18 is 31.1" in diameter. I know it will clear with no rubbing but I want to make sure it won't trigger any codes or effect the traction control, ABS, or 4wd?
  5. V

New Here

How do you post pics, I can't seem to figure that out?
  6. V

New Here

Got the gauges and installed except the sending unit for the oil pressure.
  7. V

New Here

Hello everyone, new here and figured I would introduce myself. I am from Newfoundland Canada and drive a 2010 Adrenalin, I love this truck. It has all the bells whisle`s like Voice nav, GPS and so on. I do how ever have one dilema I am currently dealing with and that is gauges or should I say...
Back