Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Looked under the hood lately?

Mines covered in dirt and when I touched it expecting it to be hard and it squished, it startled the **** out of me. I pulled my hand back lol.
  2. B

Noise on exceleration

When I step on the gas about 50% throttle and start going through the rmp band I can hear the engine and also a loud rattle sound like a rattle snake tail. It is escpecially loud when driving between to concrete medians or under a bridge with walls on either side because it echos back. It sounds...
  3. B

Repair Costs for Hail Damage

Your insurance isn't going to cover this?
  4. B

Coolant? pooling on top of the motor below the plenum(4.0L)

taking a stab in the dark but how does the water pump sound? could be leaking.
  5. B

Easy way to fill your rear differential!

Good job. That fill hole is in a real tight spot. Cant really fill from the front above it because of limited space. I'll try this after i do my axle seals and drain and refill my diff.
  6. B

How To: Remove and Replace Rear Axle Seals

Hey is there any hope of prying out the seal with a regular seal puller that has the hooks on each end and you pry with the handle? Doing these seals now and not quite sure where to get the 3 jaw seal puller and slide hammer and also how to pull the pilot bearing or how to reseat the pilot...
  7. B

Back from the dead

Hey all just wanted to introduce myself. I was a first gen 91 exploreer owner got many good years and lots of hard work out of it untill harsh Canadian salt and rust filled winters did the chasis in. I now find myself a owner of a 02 exporer and want to push it to its limits and potential. 4.0...
Back