Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

4.0 ohv build questions

The 5r55e thats behind it now, until it blows, then probably a t5.
  2. S

4.0 ohv build questions

My build starts in two weeks and there a few questions I need to find answers to and a few details to nail down. 1) With SI Valves (0.020 oversize), (988-12) comp cam springs, and comp cam retainers (1730-12), What locks do I need? Part numbers please. 2) Would it be beneficial to run the...
  3. S

For Sale Upper control arms... Extended WITH UNIBALL

Would these fit on a ranger with a 4" Superlift kit? Im real interested in getting a uniball up top.
  4. S

4r/5r bellhousing interchangability

Sweet. Thanks for the quick reply.
  5. S

4r/5r bellhousing interchangability

I have a 5r55e from my ranger that I want to mate to a 4.0 ohv from a 96 expo sport. Aside from one bolt hole on the engine side of the bellhousing, what other differences are there between the bellhousings? Can I simply bolt up my 5r up to the 96 engine and off I go? or do I need to change...
  6. S

Engine swap questions

I rebuilt a 4.0 OHV for my brothers 96 explorer sport last year, and things came up, as they often do, and I am now in possesion of it again. My question is, what is needed to drop the 96 motor into my 2000 ranger. I know I will need to buy/fab motor mounts. What about fuel and accessory...
  7. S

New guy from FRF

Hello everyone, Newly registered on here, been lurking for a while. Ton of knowledgable people on here and with my upcoming project, I will be picking the guru's brains a good bit. Regards, Mark
Back