Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Cranks, pops, no start....

Sorry for delay getting back to this thread with a resolution. Short answer: Fuel Pump. Why? Well, as I may have mentioned, I did replace the pump almost exactly 2 yr ago, after the OEM original lasted for16 yr & ~ 160k miles. So I was "sure" that it could not be the pump. And we all know how...
  2. E

[Oops, double post, due to editing apparently, following post should be correct.]
  3. E

Oops Pops? Ok, first, Many Thanks to everyone for all the comments, advice & suggestions! @fast_dave Thanks for pointing out the inconsistency about the “popping” sound. When I wrote the subject line, I was just trying to think of a catchy “headline” to help grab attention & get eyeballs on...
  4. E

Well, I did buy an OBD II scanner some years back, but I have never seen it show a code. Not sure if it works or if my car has not actually set a code. But I did buy it used from my close personal friend "Craig", who has a "list", so it must be good, si? I ran it 2x, but no codes showed up.
  5. E

Well, it just died. It was sitting there idling while I shut the gate. It stumbled a few times, then in about 3 sec, it quit. Will not re-start, but when I try to crank it, it cranks strong, as usual, it actually “starts” for maybe 1 or 2 hits/cylinder firings, then stops firing. It still...
  6. E

Amazon tie rod kit

Looks good & very complete with all parts needed. The usual questions/concerns about where was it made & what quality of materials. There is a concern with another type of car I have that the quality of "rubber" being used, like for the boots, does not last as long. Also a concern about the...
  7. E

Fuel Pressure Regulator...?

Hey everyone, My engine will not start and I need help. It is a 2001 XLT, 4.0 V6 SOHC, A/T, 2WD The engine will not start apparently due to excess gas [massive “flooding”] So far I have found the following: It cranks strong, so battery, starter & ignition all work well. It has...
  8. E

Fan clutch issue.

...Meaning, I think, that if you can turn the fan by hand when the engine is cool, it is probably Ok. When the engine is warmed up, the fan clutch should be locked up or firm & difficult to turn by hand. Jake
  9. E

Procrastination is my first name

Hi 03XLT4X4! I would do it. I would not push the trans service past about 50K miles. The tranny needs, or at least benefits from preventative maintenance service just like regular oil changes for the engine. I've tried stuff like this and paid the price. I once tried to save money on tune...
  10. E

Flooding? No start, No Codes.

Hi everyone! Thanks for all of the posts and advice in this forum! Ok, I have a 2001 Explorer XLT, 4.0 SOHC V6, 2WD A/T. It has been great with almost no maintenance or wear issues for 167,000 miles. Then one day it would not start. It ran fine one night, then would not start the next...
  11. E

No Codes, No Start?

Thanks for the suggestions & advice, guys. I had tried starting fluid, but after your suggestion, I wanted to try again. This time I pulled the hose at the MAS in order to give the spray can a better shot. It did not help, but when I began to pull the hose again to put the Air filter box...
  12. E

No Codes, No Start?

Hi everyone! I have been reading this forum for a while, and the exchange of information and maintenance tips has been great. But now I have a problem. “01 XLT 2WD 4.0 SOHC A/T was running fine as usual, parked it at home, then the next AM it would not start. There was No CEL showing...
Back