Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

compatibility of transmission need help

I have a 99 explorer I replaced the transmission with one from a 98 still don't work right....is there a difference between the sohc and ohv explorer or is there some others non compatable issue that I'm not seeing
  2. N

For Sale 1.25" Hubcentric 5x4.5 Wheel Spacers

How much shipped to 17372
  3. N

Can i change the transfer case without all the fluid coming out of the trans

If i was to put my new transmission in now and wait till i can afford the new transfer case(mine makes noise if i accelerate hard and feels like the chains are slipping inside) when i get the new transfer case will all the fluid come out of the transmission if i try to change the transfer case...
  4. N

How to install an electric fan PICS

thats how i had my electric fans wired in my camaro nd i drove that diffrent days and raced it...turned the fans off to allow for quicker heatup then flipped the switch to be constantly on...and its not that i dnt trust myself so much as using cheap aftermarket modules/relays a writeup using...
  5. N

i kno they make an automatic one but im just worried that i will incorrectly wire something or it will stop working or a wire will come undone at some point and it will blow my motor lol
  6. N

well the way i wana wire it up will be to a toggle switch so i could turn if off at startup if need be and also turn it off if i just hav the ignition on to listen to radio or something
  7. N

ok i got what is prolly goin to be a dumb question...i am not too great at wiring...what would be the result of me just hotwiring the fan into a switched source only on with the key that the fan is always on...it wouldnt be much different than the factory fan would it? and would it still help my...
  8. N

Glow Guage Installation Troubles HELP ASAP

i had glow guages in my old subaru that i had and i wired mine up with the hot goin to a acc. point in the fuse panel that is only hot with the switch on (just strip the wire and stick it in the hole at the same time your inserting the fuse back in) and the ground i grounded to the dash bar with...
  9. N

ok i cant find the info i want on lowering my 98 explorer (i also want to see pics)

putting the blocks on the rear is the easy part its the torsion keys/bolts and that whole mess in the frontend that i dnt understand lol
  10. N

ok i cant find the info i want on lowering my 98 explorer (i also want to see pics)

ok i want to lower my 98 explorer xls and i cant find info that makes sense to me as i hav never lowered a suv before only cars...how low can i go without wearing stuff out and to look nice with 18 or 19 inch rims and wat tire size should i use...pictures would be awesome if people want to post...
  11. N

22's on the X?

just to throw it out there the lug pattern is different...expediton lug pattern is larger like the F150 pattern
  12. N

How to: 3000 RPM Tach Fix

i have a similar issue on my dads 2000 explorer xlt w/ the sohc 4.0 is this the same thing causing that?
Back