Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

How to: IAC valve cleaning thread (w/pics)

What a fantastic resource this forum is. I had some jerking issues with my 97 X so I got my lazy ass to Pep Boys and got a can of brake cleaner (no chlorine) and cleaned out the valve. Took off the black cap and clean the little pads as well. Started it up and had some idling issues and the...
  2. J

Max AC not working

Anybody got any suggestions?
  3. J

Max AC not working

I went under the passenger side dash and checked all the connections and they all seem to be connected properly. When I move the temp control from Norm AC to Max AC, I don't see the Recirc door move at all. Any other pointers? Could it be the vacuum thing that is suppose to pull the recirc door?
  4. J

Max AC not working

I am now a novice at taking out my passenger seat. After fixing the vacuum issue, I will be an expert. :p: Gonna slide in there tonight and will report back ya'll.
  5. J

Belt length causing tensioner rattle

Any update on this issue? I have that same chatter as well and was hoping a belt replacement would fix it. What brand belt did you guys end up using to fix this?
  6. J

Max AC not working

Hello ya'll - I have a 97 Ford Explorer which I did the blend door fix on over the weekend and voila, I have temp control and AC versus heat fixed. On my drive back to the house from my pops (he has all the tools) :), I turned the knob to Max AC and it stayed the same as Norm AC for a few...
Back