Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Dull/faded exterior plastic trim help

Thanks for sharing this! Does the heart good to see the difference in the wiper trays, alone.
  2. C

Dull/faded exterior plastic trim help

Hey guys, what would people here recommend for cleaning/polishing up/painting the exterior plastic trim bits on my '04 ST? It is all looking rather dull, and I'd like to improve it. What do you all use?
  3. C

4.0l Engine Timing Chain Tensioners, Replacement Schedule

Well, I guess I got lucky compared to many. Just found pieces of the cassettes in the oil pan (seal was being replaced), right at 139,000 miles. Had no rattle at all. Left it parked after that, and no other apparent engine damage. So, just had the chains, cassettes, and tensioners replaced...
  4. C

4.0l Engine Timing Chain Tensioners, Replacement Schedule

This is nerve-wracking to read. I have an '04 Sport Trac with ~139,000 miles on it. I have no rattle at startup. Someone is telling me I should go ahead and replace these cartridges, to save my engine down the road. Pretty confusing and worrying as I try to read up on this. What is the best...
  5. C

Transmission Fluid Fill Tube Part # ?

Well, to answer half of my own question, it looks like it might be Ford part # 4L2Z7A228AA, which comes up on parts.ford.com for $22.88 at the moment. Local dealer told me it's a $100 part. Sigh. Tube - Oil Filler | FordUS Anybody replaced one of these? How hard is that single bolt to reach?
  6. C

Transmission Fluid Fill Tube Part # ?

Hey guys, I have a 2004 Sport Trac, and the transmission fluid fill tube is rusted so severely that it is coming apart in large flakes of rust. Due to this, it's developed a slow leak. I've been searching and having trouble finding a part number for this. Does anyone know the Ford part number...
  7. C

Moon roof will open, but not close

Hello everyone, On my 2004 Sport Trac, the moon roof has developed a problem where it will open but not close. It got stuck open, and would open further, but not close. I took down the overhead console and manually cranked it shut. It would once more open, but not close again with the switch...
  8. C

Replacing stereo - project record

Thanks for the pieces of advice, everyone! It was quite helpful.
  9. C

Yep, got it. I was typing in a hurry earlier, but I had made sure to write down item number and catalog number before heading to Radio Shack. Sad to report that no one in this area appears to have the Scosche kit, so It could be 2-3 more days to get the proper one in by UPS.
  10. C

Flounder, I really appreciate all the tips, especially the transistor(*EDIT* oops, meant regulator *END EDIT*) information and the paint color pointers. I have several Radio Shack stores here in town, so hopefully I can pick the transistor up today. I will have to hunt up the right trim/install...
  11. C

Part 2 Update: After returning the Metra kit listed above, and ordering the Scosche kit suggested by Flounder below, I've mostly got my install sorted out. Thanks for the advice everyone gave below and in PM! Removing the factory stereo with some helpful pieces of metal clothes hanger: In...
  12. C

Hello all, I plan to replace the factory Premium stereo with an aftermarket unit in order to gain mp3 and bluetooth features. This is going to be a pretty simple project. I plan to keep the speaker/amp/sub that came in the truck. But for others who are looking for a simpler upgrade, maybe...
  13. C

Replace 2004 XLT Premium stereo with 2004 Adrenalin stereo?

Nevermind, I think I just found it. It looks like the Metra 70-5521 harness should work! Nice to find a vendor who has noticed that this vehicle came with more than one model of stereo, and has gear for the audiophile system version. http://www.metraonline.com/part/70-5521 Just posting...
  14. C

Hapazard04: thanks for the info. It's good to have a better idea about the differences. I have a new question for the group. If I buy a new aftermarket Head Unit, what wiring harness should I buy to use with it? I've searched on crutchfield.com and on scosche's web site, and I when I put in...
  15. C

Doesn't the premium system I already have have an amplifier with it as well? It has a factory sub. Ah, well. Thanks for the replies, everyone. Guess it's time to go shopping for other options.
  16. C

Hello all. I have a 2004 XLT Premium Sport Trac. It came with a stereo like this one in it: This is the type of wiring harness/plug that came built into the truck: You can see the ports on the back of this original stereo here: I have a stereo from a 2004 Adrenalin sport track...
Back