Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

Ford will not care as long as people are still buying the Explorer. The only way to get Ford's attention is to have a campaign to boycott Ford on their negligence on safety. If they care numbers, let's try to reduce it.
  2. W

Comparison shopping

I was also comparative shoping the EX with other cars. I decided not to buy the EX for the following reason. I like technology and the EX is really attractive due to MFT, among other things; However,the MFT is a big let down! After all the waiting for the big update 2 months ago, it still has a...
  3. W

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

have beenign patiently waiting for this upgrade and really dispointed. I like technology and the EX with all these technology is the one I want from the begining. But I did not buy right way due to the problems assoicated with MFT. Now with this disappointing upgrade, I have to go to get...
  4. W

Defective second row seat seatbelt configuration.

Come on, people, this guy needs some help here. He is claiming that the second row benchseat with the outbound inflatable seat belts has a problem for the middle person to seat comfortably. Because the new seat belts, the buckles may be too big and protruding out too much, making it...
  5. W

2012 Ex LTD 4WD review - 1400 miles

If it truely costs only $27K, no body should complain here. Unfortunately, it still costs $45k for many present and future owners, and it does not feel that expensive in term of quality. That is the problem.
  6. W

Alternatives to the EX

I'm not comparing the entrain levels. For a loaded ex 4x4 limited with 302a and 2nd row captain seats, the msrp is $47625. The JX with AWD, premium and Drive asistant package, the msrp is $48650. The differenc is very limited. You get Infiniti name and service, and a beter warrantty, plus you...
  7. W

Alternatives to the EX

The JX is made here in the great USA. by reading the specs on paper, it is really apealing. The interior is really refined and INfiniti is known for its tech savvy, such as the around view backup system, cross trafic intervention, etc. And the price is really comparable to the EX, too. I like...
  8. W

Alternatives to the EX

I have been lurking in this forum for a long time and waiting for the EX to work out all the porblems. I like the hightech approach of the EX and that's what attracts me to the ex. However, it is also the area that holds me back, due to all the issues discussed here. Now I'm waiting for the new...
  9. W

Very Sad Delivery Experience

What happened to the hihgly acclaimed robot assembly line and laser guided alignment? Where is Ford QC? I guess the best thing is still waiting, and waiting more.
  10. W

Please welcome - The Ford IVT Team

Sorry for the tone of my post. Just frustrated with the navigation system. Obviously it only works in some areas but not others. Maybe we can set up a post where everyone report whether their navigation works or not and where they are located. This may haelp Ford to find out where the problem...
  11. W

Ford does not sell the Explorer only in Cailifornia, doe it? Works for you in CA does not mean it works everwhere else. Take your eX to a neighboring starte and you will know how great that system is.
  12. W

We should all write to the award organizer and let him know how great this system really is. his e-mail attached. What a joke! rfoulkes@telematicsupdate.com
  13. W

New car shopping - just discovered the Explorer

I'm also in the maket for a new ride and Q5 is also on my list, but my wife killed it due to its small size. I like the Explorer due to its extra safety features, the technology, the 2nd role bucket seats, and the great look. However, I'm still waiting for Ford to sort out all the issues with...
  14. W

What are these connectors under the 2nd row seats?

Those are likely wiring for the 2nd row bucket seats, which are power folding for easy access to the third row seats. It is seperate option for the limited.
  15. W

How do I send a google destination/route to SYNC?

Can someone tell me what is sent? Just the location of the destination or the route on Google map is also sent. If the route is also sent and the navigation will follow it, then the poor factory navigation will not be an issue. If only the location of the destination is sent, it is not that...
  16. W

navigation system on limited a real disapointment

Just curious, I checked their website again. Maybe there is a big data hole in Texas. I can actually find the location on the map, but can't input the address to search it, it alway point me to an address half city away. Imagine I'm new to here and depend on my GPS. Until you go to an area and...
  17. W

navigation system on limited a real disapointment

For those that defend the factory navigation, just go to the telenav website and check for yourself. That should be their latest data. Not accurate at all. If not 50% wrong, at least 25%. I tested four address, three of them were wrong. It either not recognize addresses 3 years old, of point you...
  18. W

2012 Explorer Review - The In Vehicle Tech(IVT)

Great review, thanks, it indeed give me hopes too, since I'm still waiting for MFT to be improved. 2 questions. 1 When you download the destination, you only download the destination or the route and map, such as from google? The data map coming with the built in navigatin is very old and...
  19. W

SatNav and trees, what a nightmare

It may not be fair. Without a new road is acceptable, as long as it shows you the right location. But the GPS in the X often shows you the wrong locations, even for very old addresses, that is unacceptable.
  20. W

I'm sure Ford is working on something, they have too. Because this MFT controls everyting and if it quits working in three yesrs, the car would be undrivable. Who would drive a car in 100 degrees without AC? So they have to work and make the basic functionality last for the life of the car...
  21. W

SatNav and trees, what a nightmare

As many have pointed out, the map Ford uses is very outdated and bad, not simply old, but bad, and gives you wrong locations. This is definitely a safety issue and someone dependent on this GPS will end up in a bad location and get hurt, eventually. Ford should really do something about this...
  22. W

How is the New 2.11 working?

Is Ford leagally responsible for providing such a buggy navigation system out? What if someone end up in a very bad neighborhood due to the GPS and get rubbed? IF any indipendent GPS equipment co. sale something like this, they will close shop quickly.
  23. W

MFT version 2.11

From the 2.11 release note: Implemented corrective action to recover automatically from remaining known “black screen” root causes using a module reset timer. So don't expect it won't go to "black screen" any more. All they did is pull the fuse for you automatically when it goes to the black...
  24. W

How is the New 2.11 working?

The navigation system is fancy but the map is very old and unaccurate. It is unrelated tohe update. Who know when Ford will come up wiht a new map at all. That is one thing that hold me back.
Back